Garmin geocoin promotion:All coin versions now released.

slimey

[Mine have all been released and traveling the world.

Please note american coin collectors, I have no Garmin coins for trades, they have all been released doing what Garmin/Enjoy England intended. Thanks for your many emails.

Happy Caching to you all

DITTO

Two people who think the same us me. Mine has been released as well and also doing what Garmin intended.

[Mine have all been released and traveling the world.

Please note american coin collectors, I have no Garmin coins for trades, they have all been released doing what Garmin/Enjoy England intended. Thanks for your many emails.

Happy Caching to you all

DITTO

Two people who think the same us me. Mine has been released as well and also doing what Garmin intended.

Count me in that group to

I am interested in UK Garmin coins. I have a pretty good collection of unactivated coins. If anyone is interested in any trades please email me. Thanks

Clay4

Looking for unactivated London Eye. Will swap for Clifton Bridge, Angel of the North, or something from private stock, all unactivated. Please pm me. Thanks

And there was me thinking that Garmin released these special coins to be activated and released into the great wild world of Geocaching and not kept in private zoos.

Mine have all been released and traveling the world.

Happy Caching to you all

You have to remember that 'Coin' collecting is massive over this side of the Atlantic as 'Coins' are part of US culture and given for such varied reasons, tokens of thanks, celebration etc.

Given the way Garmin arranged this promotion, there must be hundreds that never even got into the hands of cachers, let alone get released.

Clay4 is honest about being a geocoin collector, unlike the thieving scum who steal coins from caches. I've had 2 go missing this year; hence the 2 Garmin Coins that I have managed to get (and activate) will only get released when I have drilled and tagged them.

I hate having to spoil them in that way, but it seems the only way to keep them in circulation and not get stolen too soon. ;)

Wow - there are still coins out there unclaimed in shops! I thought they'd be long gone by now.

I happened to be in Millets in Llanelli this lunch time and saw that they still had the Garmin Geocaching promotional leaflet on the desk. I laughingly asked if they had any coins left - and they had one left - a Clifton Suspension bridge!!

Had a chat with the guy who serves there who was curious to know what the nearest cache was - he was rather surprised that there are som many so close - including one that was archived earlier on this year a couple of hundred metres from the shop!

Wow - there are still coins out there unclaimed in shops! I thought they'd be long gone by now.

Wow! That's surprising, considering that some stores laughed at me and said they'd all gone within a few days of the start of the promotion.

I guess I'll pop into any stores I'm passing and ask if there are any left, it's worth a try.

I bought two full sets and two extras at an antiques and collectors fair on Sunday! The vendor claimed he knew nothing about geocaching but realised they were collectable. I haggled and got a great price as I told him I knew they were free, not particularly rare and it was pouring with rain so there were hardly any customers.

Unusual place to find them but I can see other geocoins ending up in such places eventually. When vendors don't know much about them but realise they are collectible they may let them go for very little or charge alot for them, thinking that anything collectible must be worth alot of money. This happens with common, play-worn Dinky toys in charity shops.

It's probably worth letting any friends/relatives who frequent antique/collectors fairs/junk emporiums etc know what geocoins look like, just in case they spot any.

I would be interested in trading a new unactivated Big Ben Garmin Geocoin, for any of the other Garmin series or 'maybe' another coin. Please contact me via my profile email. :laughing:

I would like to trade by exchanging tracking numbers through email, then activating both coins and setting the Mission to get back to its owner. Please contact me if you are interested. first come first served. :P

Thanks in advance,

Brad :)

there were Five Garmin Geocoins.....Big Ben, London Eye, Angel of the North, Clifton Suspension Bridge and Stonehenge.....

Not sure the volume of each coin produced though

Thanks skib....

If anyone out there would like to part compant with:

London Eye...Angel of the North...Clifton Suspension Bridge....Stonehenge

Would be most willing to trade...beer tokens and the like..

Ginger

there were Five Garmin Geocoins.....Big Ben, London Eye, Angel of the North, Clifton Suspension Bridge and Stonehenge.....

Not sure the volume of each coin produced though

Thanks skib....

If anyone out there would like to part compant with:

London Eye...Angel of the North...Clifton Suspension Bridge....Stonehenge

Would be most willing to trade...beer tokens and the like..

Ginger

It's probably a long shot but we are looking for an unactivated London Eye Coin. Have an unactivated Angel Of The North coin to trade. Please e-mail us through our profile if you are interested. Thanks.

As you appear to already have 4 of the 5 activated but still in your possession, presumably you're planning on releasing them all when you've got the full set (to give those people that didn't manage to get to Millets in time the chance to discover them?)

Garmin introduced these coins for good reason to be shared by all and released into the wild, not for them to be hoarded as collections by individuals :laughing::anicute:

;):P From the Garmin website "The 2008 Geocaching with Garmin campaign has unfortunately now ended, however there are still 5000 Garmin geocoins in circulation so keep on geocaching". Probably impossible to find out but it would be interesting to know how many actually did make it out into the wild.

MBF