Garmin geocoin promotion:All coin versions now released.

slimey

One last crack at this

By hoarding coins a person is reducing the number of people that can enter the competition.

Thus they are also increasing their own chances of winning a prize.

A person with five coins can only enter once for those five coins.

If those coins were released 10 , 20, 30 or more people may find a coin and could enter and stand a chance of winning.

I don’t care two hoots about the coins themselves but the ethics of the competition.

For my part I have found a coin in a cache and entered the competition. So if I take the selfish stand the more people that keep the coins and do not release them the greater the chance I have of winning a prize.

A one in five hundred chance is better odds than a one in five thousand or ten thousand.

Edited to add:-

Reading the above I should have planned my argument a bit better. :cry:

Shot myself in the foot there didn’t I.

I see it now, those people who are collecting the coins are doing and me a favour.

You lot are way too clever for me, but I got there in the end :ph34r:

Edited by The Spokes

anyone know how the recent activity logs on the garmin geocoin website works? I placed some coins over the weekend and they are not appearing on the site. Any ideas is it just a random sample or all current movement??

I'm just really noisy and love to see where these coins are ending up

Edited by skibumsuk

Just been to Basildon this lunchtime and collected their penultimate coin - only Angel of the North left.

This was after visiting on Friday with shedloads left but operating a one per visit and reassurances of "no one's been asking for them!"

So I have an Angel of the North spare and I'm looking for a Clifton Suspension Bridge. Any locals want to swap?

I don't see why the one entry into the competition would deter you from finding the reamaining coins.

Umm the joy of words again lol IF I was Garmins marketing manager I'd want everyone to be searching for ALL the coins so that they realise

A) they NEED a shiney new GPSR or

:D they WANT a shiney new GPSR :)

But hey chill tis only a game per chance and my previous monologue twas only an extract from the 'world accorrding to me' :rolleyes:

happy cahcing

minxyy

My so called master plan is not working as all the millets here are saying they are "sold out" and may get some in this wednesday. from what i have been told by both my men on the ground both shops they went to did not really know what they were talking about.

In fact every time my friend said garmin geocoin the guy kept repeating "sat nav?"

This Topic is about the general availabilty of the Garmin geocoins and offers of Garmin coin swaps.

Some recent posts in this thread have gone off topic and moved towards personal comments aimed at specific cachers. If there are any more such posts added then the Topic will be closed.

mandarin

I was passing Blacks in Exeter today and thought I'd stick my head round the door and ask if they had any left. Nope, none left, however.... he suggested that I try Millets down the street as they had four left yesterday.

I dashed down there and the first guy I asked said there were none left. He then asked a colleague to confirm and he said that there was "one round here somewhere". It was found underneath the till after a short search (reminds me of caching).

Woo hoo! The last one in the shop! A London Eye one too, which is nice. As I already have one (given to me by a caching friend who had a spare), this one will be given to another caching friend who hasn't got one yet.

I only really wanted to get hold of The Angel of the North one. If anybody gets one of that design and doesn't have a special preference, PM me and perhaps we can do swapsies. Pretty Please :)

Hi, I have an angel of the north coin that I would swap. What have you got to swap it with?

I only really wanted to get hold of The Angel of the North one. If anybody gets one of that design and doesn't have a special preference, PM me and perhaps we can do swapsies. Pretty Please :laughing:

Hi, I have an angel of the north coin that I would swap. What have you got to swap it with?

All sorted now, thanks very much for the offer :laughing:

I just did a spot check and there are only 7 Garmin coins within 20 miles of my home co-ords (59 listing pages!) which takes in the whole of the Birmingham conurbation and numerous satellite towns in the region. I've not read the whole thread but much of it seems to be about swapping unactivated coins, not sending them out into the wild. I very much doubt this is what Garmin intended!

mj

Im going to send my coins into the world But it would be nice to have a set!!! I have a Clifton bridge that i would like to swap for a london eye..........

I had to beg for a coin in Merry hill Millets as the lady behind the counter said "I wanted that one" i said are you going to place it ? She said "NO just keep it!!"..Is this what Garmin had in mind? :laughing:

I have to agree with mumbo jumbo. I have been looking out for these coins near me but they don't seem to be travelling as they should. There are only 3 Garmin geocoins within 20 miles of me (which covers most of Edinburgh and the East edge of Glasgow); one which I dropped off at the weekend, one in the centre of Edinburgh and "virtual" coin which someone has decided to keep but have left the code in a cache.

Neil

P.S. Millets in Livingston had 6 or seven when I picked up mine on Saturday - get one and set it free!

I have an Angel of the North to swap for a Clifton Bridge.

That will give me a full set and once I have this they will all be released in the York area.

Anyone want to trade ?

(Got them last week travelling to Scotland. York Blacks, Carlisle Millets, Dundee Millets, Ayr Blacks, Ayr Millets, no problems obtaining in any of these stores but unable to get 5 different ones. All the staff were very helpful but some were still in the dark about the promotion. A couple of the Scottish staff were not happy that the coins only depicted England on the map and were all English sites)

How's this for a wierd policy. I dropped into Millets in Derby today and asked if they had any coins in, as they had said last week they were expecting some in Wednesday this week; and got told that as I already had been given one, I couldn't have another, as the store manager had now decided it was one per person. Fair enough I thought. I then asked if the delivery had arrived, and was told that it hadn't and they had now been told they had all been sent out to the shops and no more were being shipped.

So why say I couldn't have one, if they didn't have any anyway?

Blacks in Broughton near Chester have ALWAYS had the no more than one per person...

I collected my Big Ben coin there and then went back when the new lot were issued - I spoke to a different assistant then, and she gave me one. As we were chatting, the manager came over and said - I remember giving you a coin last time, it's one per person, so I quickly left muttering something about being late... lol

What a contrast.... Birkenhead, in Wirral, said they don't have time for promotional stuff like this about items that they don't even stock (GPS's) and told me to take as many as I wanted!

Blacks in Broughton near Chester have ALWAYS had the no more than one per person...

I collected my Big Ben coin there and then went back when the new lot were issued - I spoke to a different assistant then, and she gave me one. As we were chatting, the manager came over and said - I remember giving you a coin last time, it's one per person, so I quickly left muttering something about being late... lol

What a contrast.... Birkenhead, in Wirral, said they don't have time for promotional stuff like this about items that they don't even stock (GPS's) and told me to take as many as I wanted!

So hazel that would suggest that you might have spare? old buddy old chum :(

So hazel that would suggest that you might have spare? old buddy old chum :(

Sorry Donny.... The thing is... I'm not selfish, and just took one for me and one for my parents.

I then went to different stores around the region, Chester, Liverpool and N Wales and built up my collection. I DO have all 5, but I drove miles for hours doing it. They will ALL be released either this weekend or next (as soon as I actually get out caching!!!) and they will be in the wild for all to see!!

If I pop into Birkenhead (not sure if it's likely) and they have any left, I'll get one for you!

So hazel that would suggest that you might have spare? old buddy old chum :blink:

Sorry Donny.... The thing is... I'm not selfish, and just took one for me and one for my parents.

I then went to different stores around the region, Chester, Liverpool and N Wales and built up my collection. I DO have all 5, but I drove miles for hours doing it. They will ALL be released either this weekend or next (as soon as I actually get out caching!!!) and they will be in the wild for all to see!!

If I pop into Birkenhead (not sure if it's likely) and they have any left, I'll get one for you!