Garmin geocoin promotion:All coin versions now released.

slimey

If any of you good folk are unable to get extras or surplus unactivated coins that you would like to send me, I would not mind being sent activated ones to release over here in Northern Ireland. We have an event coming up on the 6 sept. which would help the spread of the coins.

Anyone got an unactivated Big Ben to trade for an unactivated Stonehenge ?

I have an unactivated Big Ben which I would love to swap for your Stonehenge please.

If there is anybody in the Sussex (Arundel) area who wants an unactivated Big Ben I put one in this cache on the 25th. It seems to still be there.

I've just got back from a days caching in Arundel.I didn't head your way though!...Good Luck.

Yay! Completed the set with another visit to Blacks in Brent Cross this afternoon to pick up an Angel of the North. Great bloke, the only one to ask which coin I wanted, but would still only let me have one coin.

They had a bag of coins, looked to be about 20 of them at 17:15 this afternoon

Edited by The Bongtwashes

Got an Angel of the North coin in Blacks in Llandudno today. Don't know how many they have in, or what varieties, they were hiding them in the till under the money tray. They did want me to make a purchase before they gave me a coin, but I put them right on that. Not being tight or anything, but I've spent loads there in the past anyway, and will do again I'm sure.

At least they've got some at last.

For those in Scotland: Blacks in Glasgow on Sauchiehall street had coins today. The one at the Fort does not. Millets in Paisley definitely does not. Millets and Blacks in Ayr both said they had them when I phoned. The guy at Millets asked which one I was looking for and said they had all 5. When you go to the shops, if one member of staff tells you they don't have them, ask to speak to a manager because some of the staff may not have been working when the coins arrived and don't know about them. When we went to Blacks in Ayr to pick one up, the woman at the till told us they didn't have them but the manager was standing nearby and heard us and told her 'yes we do'. He was keeping them in his office and would only give us one, but he asked us which one we would like.

Edited by Chananda

Broughton (near Chester) Blacks had a load this morning when I went - mainly all London Eye ones, but would only give one out. They had some Clifton suspension Bridge, and one Angel of the North as well but that was about it.

I happily wandered out with my London Eye one!!

Been to Lincoln today. Millets haven't got any and have been told they aren't getting any - despite being on the list. Black's in Lincoln had none left - evidently they went fairly quickly.

Amazing - as there aren't all that many cachers round here. Did they give you an idea of whether they were getting any more?

I was surprised they had all gone (as was the shop manager - he thought there were some left, but the jiffy bag was empty!). Either a local cacher has a lot of coins, or they've gone to staff and friends, as has been suspected elsewhere :unsure:

The shop manager said they would not be getting any more.

Millets in Bicester have some, as do Blacks in Oxford. Despite my pleas and Lottie being very cute, they would only let me have one (despite the fact that I have been practically camped out in the shop!!)

So, I have a spare Big Ben unactivated coin which I would love to swap for the Clifton Suspension bridge one. If I manage to get any surplus, I will happily pass them on to people

For those in Scotland: Blacks in Glasgow on Sauchiehall street had coins today. The one at the Fort does not. Millets in Paisley definitely does not. Millets and Blacks in Ayr both said they had them when I phoned. The guy at Millets asked which one I was looking for and said they had all 5. When you go to the shops, if one member of staff tells you they don't have them, ask to speak to a manager because some of the staff may not have been working when the coins arrived and don't know about them. When we went to Blacks in Ayr to pick one up, the woman at the till told us they didn't have them but the manager was standing nearby and heard us and told her 'yes we do'. He was keeping them in his office and would only give us one, but he asked us which one we would like.

Tried Millets Perth today

Tried Millets Edinburgh

Tried Blacks Edinburgh.

Nothing! :blink:

Good to see one of my favourite parts of the UK... Sweden getting some coins.

hope you managed to get one or more for your event!!!

Wonder how many Mousekakat ends up with?

I was able to get 2 big ben coins (1 for me and another for a different cacher) thanks to a couple of the forum users in the first release but like I said it would be nice to have a set to release at the event so that we all could have the chance to log each of the coins before moving them around the UK.

1st clas mail would have them here in plenty of time :blink:

I see in the general geocoin thread on the main forums, that a New Jersey cacher is offering to trade his spare Big Ben coin.

Is there anybody or any region in the UK who has thus far completely failed to get their hands on one of these coins? Most of the people who have asked nicely in here seem to be sorted now.

So peeps know, Basingstoke Blacks and both Leicester Blacks still have coins in stock. Leicester retail park only the Big Ben coins and the town centre mainly Angel but also the London eye.

Also I heard that although most Millets hadn't heard anything, the Basingstoke one received the Point of Sale bits in the post today and so are expecting coins any day, i'm sure its not a unique situation.

Is there anybody or any region in the UK who has thus far completely failed to get their hands on one of these coins?

Yeah - my Parents couldn't get hold of one yesterday, so I made a mission of mercy and drove a 2 hour round journey in the traffic to get them one tonight....

The guy said - you were in here yesterday getting one... I said, yes, but my poor old parents tried to get one in Birkenhead yesterday and they hadn't had them... he must have felt sorry for them cos he handed me one for them!!

Is there anybody or any region in the UK who has thus far completely failed to get their hands on one of these coins? Most of the people who have asked nicely in here seem to be sorted now.

A Big Ben reached the Isle of Man, but seems to have disappeared again. It's gone from the cache but still listed - hopefully someone will log it soon.

And, our Millets are determined they aren't getting any, in spite of their listing on the website.....

So, may be a while before we see one (or all five...)

Very helpful person in Millets Milton Keynes said that there had been a problem with their delivery and that despite them requesting them, they had yet to receive any, so their manager was contacting head office and trying to sort it out - seems like they are not the only ones having problems.

Millets in Bicester today had literally only just received them when I went in at 1.20 on the off chance, so it may be that they are only just making it to smaller stores.

If I pass by anywhere and get any spares, I will happily post out to those who don't have any yet!

I've not managed to get hold of a coin yet :sad:

Went in Blacks and millets on the Friday they were supposedly released and neither had any/knew anything about them and seemed surprised when I informed them they were released (with millets being surprised they were on the website!) Yet to make my way back to the metro centre to check there but I doubt they'll have any left if they even got them to start with. Bit of a pity as I had a mission all planned out for one.

My only hope is that the Newcastle stores haven't had any yet. Does anyone know if anyone in Newcastle have got coins yet? Looking around my local caches I see none of the new coins...

Went in Blacks and millets on the Friday they were supposedly released and neither had any/knew anything about them and seemed surprised when I informed them they were released (with millets being surprised they were on the website!) Yet to make my way back to the metro centre to check there but I doubt they'll have any left if they even got them to start with. Bit of a pity as I had a mission all planned out for one.

My only hope is that the Newcastle stores haven't had any yet. Does anyone know if anyone in Newcastle have got coins yet? Looking around my local caches I see none of the new coins...

Went to Blacks in Newcastle they had 6 arrive today, but are asking for a copy of the promo from Garmin, dont know why. Anyway try there. I didnt take one seeing as how they had so few left I thought I would leave them for others to collect. I am so good :sad:

Went to Blacks in Newcastle they had 6 arrive today, but are asking for a copy of the promo from Garmin, dont know why. Anyway try there. I didnt take one seeing as how they had so few left I thought I would leave them for others to collect. I am so good :sad:

Ahh will have to try and get myself to town tomorrow then. Thanks for letting me know. If only all people were considerate and left them for people who didn't have one already :D

I see in the general geocoin thread on the main forums, that a New Jersey cacher is offering to trade his spare Big Ben coin.

I have tried four shops in different areas and no joy whatsoever! :sad:

None of the places I went to have any promotional material or any idea when/.if they will be getting any coins. It seems like Wales (or this part of it anyway) is out of the picture.

I would be happy to release a coin in this area if anyone has a spare they would like to send over.

I did discover a Big Ben coin at the gFAB event last weekend, so thanks to the person who released that one :sad: