Garmin geocoin promotion:All coin versions now released.

slimey

Faster than a speeding bullit :cry:

an update from Millets/Blacks:

I do apologise for the confusion.

All stores are to stock the Geocoins however unfortunately some of the deliveries have been delayed, though they should be fully stocked by the end of next week.

I have spoken to the communications team and forwarded on the store information you provide me with, so there stocks will definitely be replenished.

If this is not the case and you occur any further problem please contact me so I can take the matter further.

Thank you for your patience.

I now know of three stores who will definately have some ;)

Personally I have given up trying to get one of these. I feel that if Garmin want me to participate in a publicity game of their making then the least they can do is to ensure that the supplies of the items are available and in sufficient quantities when they are supposed to be.

Maybe I will see one in a cache somewhere but in the meantime I shall sppend my time hunting caches rather than the impossible.

Also Blacks and Millets in Harrogate are saying they don't have them in either and don't know if they are getting them. :D

Amber Alert

Millets in Harrogate still don't know about the coins ;) but were very helpfull when I explained about the web site and 4,000 coins being available for collection from ALL Millets and Blacks stores as from today, they even took my phone number and offered to ring me when they come in :P so I've hopefully got one reserved there...

At BLACKS the result was even better :) they had a pile of the coins by the downstairs till and the leaflet on the wall.. when I asked if I could have a coin one was pushed in my direction so being a bit cheeky I asked if they were all the same design and if not could I have 1 of each ...... RESULT :cry: I now have a Stonehenge, London Eye & Clifton Suspension Bridge coin in my excited not so little hands ;):D

However I would like to promise you all that ALL and ANY of these coins will be released into the wild as was intended.... but don't expect me to put them in easy drive bys :P I think after the number of times I've been in and out of Blacks & Millets lately it's only fair that I put them some where you have to work to find them ;)

Blacks in Stratford have 3 left .. but I cant get there ...

The Manager from Milletts Bicester and the chap in the Millets Banbury store both told me that dont think they will get any even though they are on the website and they are effectively the same company as Blacks ... in their words ... " We never get anything and we dont sell Garmin".... I left my details with them nonetheless :cry:

Any other reports?

I went into Millets Bicester and was told that it was Blacks stores only, that they wouldn't be getting them and basically to stop bothering them. Millets Milton Keynes told me it was a send off offer and Oxford had nothing.

I did try to explain that they were listed on the website and they told me to ignore the website.

So still no luck!

Mixed results from our part of the world.

Three local 'participating' Millets stores were aware of the promotion but

Whitehaven had followed up an enquiry from another cacher yesterday and were told that no Millets stores in Cumbria will be getting the coins

Keswick reckon they aren't getting any

Ambleside said we'd have to ask next door (they weren't being funny with us as they are literally next door to Blacks)

Better luck speaking to Blacks in Keswick and Ambleside whose coins arrived shortly after midday - Keswick's came by courier.

MBF

If anyone has an extra, this Texan in Sweden would LOVE a English geocoin!!

Naomi ;)

i am sure it wont be long for these to travel to sweden, the rest of mine will be released shortly to travel the world

Hehehe, yeah, but I can't keep a traveller! I'd love to have one (or more, hehe) to add to my coin collection!

Naomi :cry:

I'd love to have one (or more, hehe) to add to my coin collection!

Naomi :D

Don't you think that's a bit selfish???

Garmin have released them stating that they must be released.

When so many people here in the UK have struggled to get them, going in and out of shops looking for them, hunting for them, you expect someone to send you one (or more, hehe) to add to your collection?

When I 1st saw your initial post I considered sending you one (if I got a duplicate!) to set free in Sweden, but NOT now that I know you only want it to sit in a box in a cupboard. :P:cry:;):D;);)

Edited by HazelS

I'd love to have one (or more, hehe) to add to my coin collection!

Naomi :P

Don't you think that's a bit selfish???

Garmin have released them stating that they must be released.

When so many people here in the UK have struggled to get them, going in and out of shops looking for them, hunting for them, you expect someone to send you one (or more, hehe) to add to your collection?

When I 1st saw your initial post I considered sending you one (if I got a duplicate!) to set free in Sweden, but NOT now that I know you only want it to sit in a box in a cupboard. :P:cry:;):D;):D

Gee, I guess that means that we won't be doing a trade between the two of us any time in the future?

Calm down. My coins don't just sit in boxes. Some are released, others are taken to events so that people can enjoy them as well and I've had a lot of people thank me for bringing them so they could enjoy them.

Lastly, I didn't know it was a struggle to get them. Seems that a number of folks there... good ol' unselfish Brits ;), have garnered many more than one of them, even being a tad miffed that they were only allowed to get one per person. I wasn't aware that my asking for one would be such a hardship or evil thing. If you HONESTLY think that folks are going to be releasing all the ones that they "searched and struggled" so hard to get, well.... ummm... wanna buy some desert property that I've got here in Sweden looking for a new owner?

So, get your knickers out of a knot. I wasn't rude, I wasn't ugly, I actually thought I was rather pleasant. Furthermore, I wasn't aware that these were meant to all be released. I didn't read back 8 pages to the beginning of the threads about them. Was there really a need on your part to be on the attack the way you were?

Naomi

Edited by mousekakat

So todays dumb question comes from me!!

I have one of them on its way to me from a friend and I would like to set it on its travels shortly. Do I need to do anything to the coin to identify it and give it a goal like with travelbugs?

I know it's probably a really stupid question, but my brain is now full of cotton wool and I am in need of some sleep!!

So todays dumb question comes from me!!

I have one of them on its way to me from a friend and I would like to set it on its travels shortly. Do I need to do anything to the coin to identify it and give it a goal like with travelbugs?

It's not strictly necessary, but it is advisable.

I tend to make a small laminated sheet and attach it to my coins stating the coin's mission and the fact that it isn't a trade item. If it's going to get pinched then it will get pinched, but at least this will hopefully tell people who perhaps don't realise the coin isn't theirs to keep.

As the other newly released Garmin Coins had a thread though I'd start one for the Stonehenge Coin.......

which we managed to get our hands on from a Blacks in Chelmsford. Preteenski has claimed it ( and is devising a suitable mission as I type), to be released in Essex tomorrow.

Who else has this little beauty?

Edited by skibumsuk