Most Amusing Caches

fidjit

After some ideas for some new caches.

What are the most amusing/different caches ( either the most amusing find method , or most amusing cache/location ) you've found ( don't want the waypoints for them, just how they were executed ).

I'm new ( 3 months ) and have hidden six, but want to do something different for the "older" caches to do for some payback :-)

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers.

p.s. just thought the older cachers probably frequent here too, so perhaps you can PM them to me :mad:

Edited by fidjit

After some ideas for some new caches.

What are the most amusing/different caches ( either the most amusing find method , or most amusing cache/location ) you've found ( don't want the waypoints for them, just how they were executed ).

I'm new ( 3 months ) and have hidden six, but want to do something different for the "older" caches to do for some payback :-)

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers.

p.s. just thought the older cachers probably frequent here too, so perhaps you can PM them to me :mad:

It really depends. I have seen Ammo boxes hanging 15ft off the ground in trees. I have seen VERY hard micros where their is a hole in a stick with a log and lid on it. It can also be all about the location. For example, You could make it off trail in a ravine area. I had a cache like that. The 4 people who found it LOVED it. Sit down and think for a while you will come up with something. :yikes:

Wayland 11.0 - You want me to do WHAT?!? (GCN29Q)

Plus ça change... (GC118EQ)

Easy park and grab caches with additional logging requirements to complete amusing tasks.

On the subject of ALR's Some like it hot Dress up in drag (clothes provided). I haven't done it, I sprained my ankle the night before a nearby event cache, (which I still attended, but my caching was limited), and I never get to that area otherwise. I still have dollar store Queen size panty hose I see in my cars trunk once in a while for the last two years, that I was going to wear. :laughing: Anyone want them?

I have a cache with a prop (and the subject of the cache) a battery operated talking toilet soap dispenser. I suppose people think that's funny.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Some place sells a magnetic nano that looks like a piece of used gum. I think this would be a great cache stuck to the bottom of some picnic table.

The fake dog doo and whatnot has been done to death, but there are some other interesting containers and hides out there.

Some of the best in this area are the ones where you think the cache is one place due to many other similar caches, and in reality the GPS was correct in leading you just feet away to another place. Case in point: One local cacher *loves* evergreen trees. Not to common around here, but good for a hide because the cache stays hidden all year.

So I'm looking for a cache in the middle of a field and there is one *huge* evergreen tree. I immediately start poking around in the tree even though the GPS says the cache is about 5-10 feet away. Not seeing a thing, I back off and take another run with the GPS. It leads me to a pile of debris just north of the tree, and well-hidden in the trash is a small Tupperware container. DOH!

Some place sells a magnetic nano that looks like a piece of used gum. I think this would be a great cache stuck to the bottom of some picnic table.

These are easy to make, with a nano, some Fimo clay and some gorilla glue. I'm in the process of making up a couple of these.

Just wondering if you have to chew the clay to get the appearance accurate? :wub:

One that I found the cache container was about 50 feet in the air on a string and you had to go about 20 feet off the trail to retrieve a stick stuck in a tree to look like a branch w/ the string tied around it to unwind the string to get the cache down. the cords led you to the tree where the container was but not to the stick. circled the tree about 10 times before i decided to widen my search and stumbled upon the branch looking stick w/ the string.

one that I did was a bison tube attached to a nut welded to the end of a 7 inch piece of rebar that I stuck in a hole in a cement jersey barrier.

I am also planning on doing a bison tube in a non functional irrigation sprinkler head.

Take a golf ball drill out the center and get a tee and glue the lid of a nano to the tee and the rest inside the golf ball and put that somewhere. probably near a golf course.

one i saw was a 3 foot long PVC pipe put caps on each end. only one side comes off that had hangers. the person hung it in a tunnel where other pvc pipes ran thru for power/cable/ etc. been there for years and has never been muggled even though it's an active ped tunnel under a highway.

theres lots of different ways to hide a cache. it's all up to your imagination.

Take a golf ball drill out the center and get a tee and glue the lid of a nano to the tee and the rest inside the golf ball and put that somewhere. probably near a golf course.

Don't do this! As cool as it sounds, drilling into a golf ball is VERY bad idea! Some have liquid centers, others with rubber bands... without knowing what your golf ball is made from you're taking a very dangerous risk, particularly when a power tool is involved as well!