"SD" card reader/writer

The maps or the routes?

If you want to use/view maps on your computer, then you need to purchased the CD/DVD version. SD card is only usable in the Garmin unit.

Thanks, my friend, you just saved me some $$$$$$$.

If, I get the CD's, I assume I can download the MAPS to my 60CSx from my computer????????

Hi Cherokee Bill,

When I bought my 60CSx, 2 GB SD card and City Navigator North America maps I loaded the maps from the CD into my puter. Then loaded my map set I made up into the 60CSx and onto the SD card. I love my 60 CSx :) , I hope you do to.

Good luck to you & happy caching,

Barefoot One & Wench

:lol: OK! IF I order the North America NT maps on an "SD" card, as well as a SD card reader/writer, with a USB plug:

Can I copy the maps from the SD card, in the reader TO my Computer :huh:

Edited by Barefoot One & Wench

City Navigator Maps ordered on SD card can only be used on the GPSr. They cannot be copied to your computer or used on your computer in any way.

City Navigator Maps ordered on DVD can be used both on the computer and GPSr (each additional GPSr you want to use the maps on will cost you an additional unlock code).

End of story….it’s no more complicated then that.

For the reasons above, most people find the DVDs to be the best value.

City Navigator Maps ordered on SD card can only be used on the GPSr. They cannot be copied to your computer or used on your computer in any way.

City Navigator Maps ordered on DVD can be used both on the computer and GPSr (each additional GPSr you want to use the maps on will cost you an additional unlock code).

I maybe wrong, but once you make up your desired map set and store it to memory in your computer you can put it in another GPSr. I had the same impression about the unlock deal for an additional GPSr, but this is what the Garmin Tech Guru told me. When I spoke to Garmin about the 1 unlock crap and they told me this is what Navteq who makes the maps has enforced on them.

I may stand corrected on this :lol: .

Barefoot One & Wench

I maybe wrong, but once you make up your desired map set and store it to memory in your computer you can put it in another GPSr. I had the same impression about the unlock deal for an additional GPSr, but this is what the Garmin Tech Guru told me. When I spoke to Garmin about the 1 unlock crap and they told me this is what Navteq who makes the maps has enforced on them.

Barefoot One & Wench

Thanks all. I went ahead and ordered the "CD" from Garmin! :):):huh:

I am ready to do some caching B)

Barefoot One & Wench

Thanks all. I went ahead and ordered the "CD" from Garmin! :huh::)B)

I am ready to do some caching :)

I just got City Nav on DVD today and I'm only a week old at this. Had no problem:

Loaded it to my computer, unlocked per the on screen instructions.

Downloaded the whole Mapsourse Manual from the DVD to my desktop. Went to "Using MapSource" section then the subsection: Loading Maps to your Garmin GPS Unit - followed the directions.....

I grabbed everything (the whole dvd) and downloaded it to the 2GB microSD that I had inserted into my 60Cx (it was noted as the E: drive) - not sure how long it took cuz I was busy around the house...maybe an hour (?).

Was tons easier than I thought it would be....very good MapSource Manual.

Ordered everything from ANTonline: City Nav, 2GB microSD & reader but now I doubt I'll need the reading...for this process anyhow.