Enhanced log entries....

I have to admit something - I make up stuff in my log entries. I do! So sorry, but it is the truth.

I saw some real interesting log entries, and I thought it would be cool to have some experiences like that. But most of my caching has been made up of simply driving or hiking to GZ, turning on the "Geo Sense" and finding the cache. Oh sure, I enjoy the beauty of the back of the shopping mall by the big green dumpster across from the power transformer the mag was stuck to, same as anybody - I suppose. Or the solitude of the Ralph's parking lot at 1am while I am lifting the bolt cover on the light pole as the 350 pound security guard circles in his golf cart. All very fun, I assure you. But does it make for a good log entry? Something people will copy and send to their friends? Something which will make the sport just that much better?

So I began to embellish the logs just a bit.

My big question - am I breaking any rules? Being a bad example to my children? Am I going to be in danger of Eternity in Hell or a week in Oxnard? Will the IRS contact me and levy some additional penalties or will the milk in my 'fridge go sour?

And finally - phew I feel so much better after having gotten that off my chest - do any of you want to confess to doing the same?

Hmmmmmm?

:lol:

Chas - Ninga Geocacher Master, third level, with the "dragon handler" enhancement...

I picked a cache from your found list and read a log at random. "All white wires.." :lol:

How ironic that you would choose that one - it's the only one which actually happened just as I reported it!!

:)

I read a few of you logs and I founding quite entertaining. I would much rather get a fun log like that rather than the "tftc" or "tnlnsl".

or not

No worries, mate!

You are well within bounds (subject to cache owner approval, of course!).

Your milk is safe, but you may find all of your CDs have been erased!

There was once a very famous and amusing cacher, called oregone whose delightfully incongruous logs seldom had anything to do with the cache in question.

Personally, I am not so creative as he, but I have posted selections from classic novels as my log for certain 'less-than-inspired' caches.

Bonus points for anyone who can identify the novel I used in that log. :lol: (really, it should be easy!)

No worries, mate!

You are well within bounds (subject to cache owner approval, of course!).

Your milk is safe, but you may find all of your CDs have been erased!

There was once a very famous and amusing cacher, called oregone whose delightfully incongruous logs seldom had anything to do with the cache in question.

Personally, I am not so creative as he, but I have posted selections from classic novels as my log for certain 'less-than-inspired' caches.

Bonus points for anyone who can identify the novel I used in that log. :lol: (really, it should be easy!)

December, nay, Christmas, 2003:

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6,

Oh wait, and this is how it ended. Well, you know how the trip to CA turned out, anyway.

michelle

I love Oregone's logs! I still go back and read them from time to time, they never fail to make me laugh.

I also went and read some. Holy Cow (aka "golly!") That's good stuff! I am out of my league. The guy even uses words like: "suave" and "debonair."

I love those words! I was going to have them tattooed on my forehead, but my wife said she wouldn't leave me even if I did, so I figured I'd just save the fifty bucks. Actually, if I recall correctly, I bought a Starbucks gift card for the guy who comes to the house to clean out our flues. He's real short and it's hard for him. He needs the caffeine. And a bath wouldn't be wasted on him either. I think he believes in reincarnation - but I'm pretty sure he thinks it has to do with ice cream and other dairy products.

Look at these glorious words in his sentence - this is language flowing like light off a bald man's head, like hot air off the back of a dark Chevy parked in the sun on a warm beach in Havana, as the owner sits nearby watching for the drug dealers to leave so he can go back out and get the groceries he put in the trunk. Yesterday.

OK - here it is - "Ever the cool and suave debonair guy that I am, I immediately bolted for the bathroom and threw up."

Well? Doesn't that absolutely change your life? Or at least change the way you will view bolts from now on? Or the way you will view suave and debonair guys? Literature! That's what this is - literature. I plan to model my logs after the exact opposite of this talented man. After all, if there are two of us posting the same stuff, well, the world would be a poorer place. And the price of gas would have to come down.

:lol:

Edited by ChasWolf7

I read one log about his first car. That really cracked me up. If he had written a log like on a cache I owned, I would have let him take a smiley for each note he placed. It would have been well earned. Those have to be the most creative and well written logs I have ever seen.

I saw a quick note in one of those logs (or another one somewhere) where he mentioned his little 323... I had to laugh because, well, I saw the car at an event once... his 323 was white, painted with cow spots... and bullet holes (the real kind) all over it.

Another fun one from Slinger91. The photos are what you need to look at here.

michelle