60 CSx

twgreen

I went to Amazon today to look at purchasing a Garmin 60CSx and it said it would be released on August 6. I know it has been out for about a year now but was wondering if maybe they had come out with a new or updated version. I did notice that the screen size listed on Amazon was 2.6 which is bigger than listed on Garmin's website for that model. I checked on Garmin's website and it didn't say anything about a new model or anything like that so I was just wondering if it was just a mistake on Amazon's website or if anyone knows what the deal with that is?

I went to Amazon today to look at purchasing a Garmin 60CSx and it said it would be released on August 6. I know it has been out for about a year now but was wondering if maybe they had come out with a new or updated version. I did notice that the screen size listed on Amazon was 2.6 which is bigger than listed on Garmin's website for that model. I checked on Garmin's website and it didn't say anything about a new model or anything like that so I was just wondering if it was just a mistake on Amazon's website or if anyone knows what the deal with that is?

Maybe they meant that's when they'd get a new shipment in.

Actually, the Colorado series isn't a natural progression to the 60CSx (according to Garmin). It's a totally different GPS altogether. It has more functions and a different GPS chipset in it (the 60CSx uses the SanSirf III receiver and the Colorado uses the MediaTek receiver)

Truely doubt that there is a new 60CSx. It is a tried and true unit.

Of course it's a natural progression. It is distinguished by the Quad Helix antenna and external aerial. Having a different chipset doesn't mean it isn't a natural progression. Take the Vista Cx and the Vista HCx, different chip, natural progression.

You can be 100% certain that the low res screens on the 60CSx will never be seen again on any new model Garmin, they are old technology. If the Colorado isn't a natural progression then you may as well say the 60CSx is the end of the line, there will be no natural progression.

I asked Garmin if it was the upgrade to the 60CSx and they said "No", it's a new line altogether.

I asked them that because I am coming from a 60CSx and the Colorado was no where NEAR as accurate as the 60CSx (when I first got it, that is)

Now I have an Oregon 400t as well. It appears to be more accurate than the Colorado is. I have a Colorado 300 as well...