Name Change

Hi there,

Nice to meet you both in Harrogate this weekend at 'Homeward Bound'.

I think this post should help...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry3032392

Regards,

M.

It was good to meet you, I met so many new faces, we had a good time, we got about 20 caches. How did you do? Seems we got the weather just at the right time. Its throwing it down here in Bedford now. Thanks for the link, i'll have to consult with my son regards a new name, but watch thi space ____. Did you look at Stovolds Revenge, we did and failed. Poor Matt was working on it most of Sunday eve and Monday.

Hi there,

Nice to meet you both in Harrogate this weekend at 'Homeward Bound'.

I think this post should help...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry3032392

Regards,

M.

It was good to meet you, I met so many new faces, we had a good time, we got about 20 caches. How did you do? Seems we got the weather just at the right time. Its throwing it down here in Bedford now. Thanks for the link, i'll have to consult with my son regards a new name, but watch thi space ____. Did you look at Stovolds Revenge, we did and failed. Poor Matt was working on it most of Sunday eve and Monday.

I looked at Stovold's Revenge, good take on a puzzle cache, found quite easily :(

Did you look at Stovolds Revenge, we did and failed. Poor Matt was working on it most of Sunday eve and Monday.

Hi Mo,

It was nice talking to you and Matt at the B&B. As I mentioned, to solve Stovold's Revenge, you will need to find out more about Mornington Crescent. It's not just the name of a street in Harrogate or a Tube station in London, though it is both of those things as well.

More generally, most (but not all) Mystery caches require you to do some work before you leave home. You can't usually turn up and solve them on the spot.

Good luck,

Nick (the person from France with the laptop at breakfast)

Did you look at Stovolds Revenge, we did and failed. Poor Matt was working on it most of Sunday eve and Monday.

Hi Mo,

It was nice talking to you and Matt at the B&B. As I mentioned, to solve Stovold's Revenge, you will need to find out more about Mornington Crescent. It's not just the name of a street in Harrogate or a Tube station in London, though it is both of those things as well.

More generally, most (but not all) Mystery caches require you to do some work before you leave home. You can't usually turn up and solve them on the spot.

Good luck,

Nick (the person from France with the laptop at breakfast)

Hi Nick

Was going to drop you a line later, I have been on line looking up Mornington Crescent and got a few ideas, unfortunatly there are now 180miles from us to harrogate. Hope you had a good trip home, we took a detour through Matlock,Bath as Motorway was getting tiresome. We both had a good time this weekend and look forward to the next one, although I think Matts planning a long weekend for us in Peak District. We did Billy Goat Gruff, found the bridge but were unable to reach the cache before the heavens opened. Final cache was The Pumphouse, look at this for a pic of Matt although he wasn't willing to drink.

We will try change the name as momagic relate to an old pastime of mine, I think someting like Matt&Mo might work better we'll see what he comes up with.

Mo

My son joined me in geocaching about 6months after I started. He wants us to change the Name to something more the two of us. I am concerned that although we do not have a lot of finds it has taken time to aquire and dont wish to restart from zero. Any ideas pls.

You keep the name, make him start his own account!

He can backlog caches he's found with you...

"Found with momagic48, now have my own account" or such on the log.

Means he has his own account, if he decides to go off on his own in the future. :lol:

You keep the name, make him start his own account!

He can backlog caches he's found with you...

"Found with momagic48, now have my own account" or such on the log.

Means he has his own account, if he decides to go off on his own in the future. :lol:

If you are lucky you might be able to find someone who registered on the same day as you (or the day of his first find) but never used their account and is willing to let your son have it. (thus having the correct start date) The name can then be changed to something of his choice :)

Over 1000 people signed up the same day as us and most of the accounts have never been used!

M

Edited by Delta68