Advice needed!

Rubarbb

When my partner and I started caching we registered as a team name. Unfortunately things haven't worked out and we have split up but I'm sure we both want to carry on caching. I'll probably take over the current account as I paid for the premium membership but just want to know if its OK for him to go back and log the caches we did together on his new account as I'm sure he won't want to go find them all again. Has anyone else been in this situation and able to give advice?

Also is it possible to move a geocoin from one accont to another?

Thanks

Ellen

Edited by jamesandellen

Yes just tell him to post to each find that he originally found them as part of jamesandellen and the Team has now split up :(

Geocaches,Geocoins and TB's can be adopted from one account to another using Adoptions Link

If you wish to change the original team name, select a new name which has not been taken [but do not register it] and contact Groundspeak who have the abbility to change the original account name to the new one

This post http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3032392 explain the prodcedure

When my partner and I started caching we registered as a team name. Unfortunately things haven't worked out and we have split up but I'm sure we both want to carry on caching. I'll probably take over the current account as I paid for the premium membership but just want to know if its OK for him to go back and log the caches we did together on his new account as I'm sure he won't want to go find them all again. Has anyone else been in this situation and able to give advice?

Thanks

Ellen

D U M P all the baggage ..................... I mean ALL ............ leave ALL the past --- in the past... get a life of your own ...................... :(

Thanks

Ellen

D U M P all the baggage ..................... I mean ALL ............ leave ALL the past --- in the past... get a life of your own ...................... :(

Don't ever consider marriage guidance as a career........

D U M P all the baggage ..................... I mean ALL ............ leave ALL the past --- in the past... get a life of your own ...................... :lol:

That is, by far, the most ridiculous anwser you could have given!! That's not helpful!

Here's my advice,

Aly (arockand&hardplace) and I were once part of the same team (Jacobite). We had our differences and Aly decided to create a new account of her own. She did consider asking cache owners if she could log the caches she had found under our Jacobite account to her new acount, but decided just to go back and sign the logs instead.

However, I'm sure most cache owner wouldn't have a problem with former member of your team retrospectively logging caches they had found, as long as the cache owners knew what the situation was.

Thankfully, recent (or not so recent) changes in account management have made it easier for people in your postion to deal with this type of situation. Dec's above post explains everything with account management that you should need to know.

Hope this helps.

Edited, as I thought I was a little too harsh on The Syllogiser.

Edited by Jacobite

Thanks

Ellen

D U M P all the baggage ..................... I mean ALL ............ leave ALL the past --- in the past... get a life of your own ...................... :lol:

Me thinks some one has been biten themselves. This does not help not everyone shares the same experience when splitting up.

Sorry to hear that Ellen :lol:

I have no problem with James logging any of my caches that you had done together and I am sure that would be the case with any others.

Also if you want any TB or Coin codes let me know.

Mike

Edited by Matrix

Hi Ellen

I'm sorry to hear you split....

I went through the same thing 2 years ago, and we split the account, I took the main account, as I did the logging etc, and he set up a new account.

Fortunately (for me) he no longer caches and it's been a nice clean break, and he didn't re log the caches we did together. This would have been perfectly acceptable, and I know of several people that have done just this.

Hope you'll soon be out caching and having fun again.

Well, it's nice to know that some people still think it's more important to leave your "anonymous" nickname on a website as a memorial to a failed relationship than getting your life sorted out and back on track to lifelong happiness .......

The Syllogiser, If I could decrypt your monologue, it would probably annoy me.

What is being discussed are matters of account management, and not personal relationship problems, of which you have no knowledge. There are places on the web that deal with the issues you have raised, however, this is not the place.

Help needed again please.

We have discussed and it looks like I'm going to create a new account, but the old account is set to renew the premium membership automatically. How can I stop this? Have looked in my paypal account and can't see anything!

Thanks

Ellen

Help needed again please.

We have discussed and it looks like I'm going to create a new account, but the old account is set to renew the premium membership automatically. How can I stop this? Have looked in my paypal account and can't see anything!

Thanks

Ellen

:)

Pass.

Try...

Account details page.

click on Member Features.

Renew...

Try changing payment from renewable.

Or email contact@

or change you crdit card. :huh:

Edited by Bear and Ragged

You have to go into your Paypal account and cancel the subscription. There should be a tab somewhere that allows you to do so.

Thanks managed to sort it out from in Pay Pal, had to look at the history of my subscriptions, time to set up a new account now!