What is the concensus on the Oregon

zonabb

There are a couple lengthy threads on the Oregon and I say the First Impressions Wiki but I wanted to get people's opinions now that it's been out close to a month. I was all set to buy the Colorado as my first GPSr when I returned from a vacation on July 13 after a month doing research and figuring out how much I was willing to spend. So on Monday July 14th, I got on to make the buy and the Oregon had blown in, basically delayng a purchase.

One of my main concerns is accuracy and the antenna. Can the accuracy issues be fixed somewhat with firmware? Other than the brightness issue, and the accuracy, to seems that the unit is pretty good.

Geocaching would be the primary use with hiking and fishing secondary.

Thoughts, impressions and recommendations!

I've only had my Oregon for six day but I like it a lot. I come from a 60CSX so I do find the accuracy not as good but I was able to find 3 out of 4 geocaches the other day ( the 4th was a micro and to many mugglers around ) and 1 cache I almost stepped on the accuracy was that good for me. The touch screen is great and while the screen isn't as bright as I would like ( my biggest complaint ) I find turning off the DEM shading a big help in bright sunlight. Love the Geocaching pages with the hints and descriptions, let me go paperless and thats a big plus. Im hopeful that a software upgrade will fix some of the issues we are having with the unit but if it didn't I'm would still keep on using mine.