found a cache that is not list anymore

If you have the GCxxxx code (possibly in your GPSr), search by that. If the cache has been archived, most normal searches will not find it, but a code search will find it.

If you don't have the code, you may be able to identify it in the find lists of cachers who found nearby caches.

Edward

If all you have is the coords, email your friendly neighborhood reviewer and ask him what cache used to be listed there. Maybe she'll un-archive it.

This is very doubful. But your reviewer can provide the waypoint code, and using that you can find the cache page and log it (yes, you can still log an archived cache).

Also, although the cache was archived here it may be listed on an alternate site. What are the coordinates?

I'll tell you an interesting related story. Last year one of the older local caches, owned by a geocacher who once attended University of Florida, was archived after several local cachers, including myself, looked for it and thought it was gone (we all had previously found it). I contacted the cache owner and asked if she was OK with me placing a new cache very close to that site. Affirmative and cache placed. Last month a guy emailed me indicating that my cache was full of water and that the brown paint was almost entirely gone so that the bright blue lid now was visible. My cache was a black micro tied up in a tree. He had found Abby's old cache. I emailed her and let her know and we agreed to trash the old one and keep my new one active. Strange things can happen! I guess this REALLY confirms the notion that if can't find it, it may not be missing!