What is the most times you have had to move a cache when placing a new one?

The reason I ask is because we are on #5. Tonight we go move our new cache for the 5th time. Why? The first time we were to close to a micro. The second time we were to close to a puzzle final. Same with the third and the fourth. This time we are going into a completely different area lol. Talk about frustrating.

Now that you've narrowed down where the final of the mystery cache is...

Nope. Can't say that that's ever happened to me. But I've only hidden 25 caches across a wide swath of North Jersey. Mostly in areas with no caches nearby. Or I know where the nearby caches are.

I do know of someone who had to be careful with one stage of an evil seventeen stage multi, not to be too close to one of my caches. And I read the trials and tribulationss (not to mention frustration) of someone who took four tries to avoid being near the final of a notoriously evil mystery cache with the starting point two miles away.

So, I can commiserate. You have to work within the system, and sometimes you say "Oh, well". I think that I'd give up after two tries, unless you're trying to nail the location to the final of the mystery cache. ;)

1st try - Inside of an RCMP Caching Halo (which I didn't know existed)

**Moves it at least 528' away**

2nd try - Too close to another cache (by probably single digit feet)

**Moves it somewhere else**

3rd try - Personal choice - I didn't like the new placement - It was close to the first two, but it was also really close to the final (which I never had to move - It was too close to another cache too, but the cliff got that guideline waived for me) - Too easy

**Moves it quite a ways away to a little island (with a bridge)**

4th try - Too close to a puzzle final (I should go and look for that one...)

**Moves it over to the mainland**

5th try - Published

Edited by Taoiseach
Nope. Can't say that that's ever happened to me.
It's never happened to me either. I'm pretty careful about making sure there are no caches nearby or other issues before submitting my cache.

Why not just ask the reviewer if the location is available? I do that every time now before going any further in developing a cache, particularily since my puzzle caches have involve solving an equation to get you to the final co-ordinates. That way I work out the equation after I know the location is acceptable. I simply ask if my final co-ordinates are to close to any hidden caches or stages of a mult-cache. Haven't had a problem since.

Nope. Can't say that that's ever happened to me.
It's never happened to me either. I'm pretty careful about making sure there are no caches nearby or other issues before submitting my cache.

Why not just ask the reviewer if the location is available? I do that every time now before going any further in developing a cache, particularily since my puzzle caches have involve solving an equation to get you to the final co-ordinates. That way I work out the equation after I know the location is acceptable. I simply ask if my final co-ordinates are to close to any hidden caches or stages of a multi-cache. Haven't had a problem since.

Why ask if I can figure it out for myself? That's half the fun. :rolleyes: However, if I have a cache that may take a little while to complete, I'll let the reviewer know the coordinates as soon as I know them. That way someone else won't place another cache too close to my planned cache and mess me up.