Explorist 500 and geocaches

You need to make sure the Geocache file is active. To do this go:

Menu-> Preferences-> Active Setup-> Geocaches-> Select File -> Geocache File-> Enter

Hopefully that will work for you.

Cheers! :)

I have my cache list set as active but they still don't show on my map screen. :)

maybe it's just me? lol

From the main map page (don't know if you actually need to be on this screen, but let's keep our steps the same) Menu button --> Map Setup You will have two tabs Format and Display. Go to the Display tab and see if the Geocache icons are selected to show.

Yes, you'll need to be on the map page to hit Menu then Map Setup then just toggle the joystick to the right and make sure that Geocache Icons has a checkmark next to it.

Are you using an SD card? You may have to tell the unit to look in either Internal Memory, or the SD card. When you go into Geocache file section, try selecting 'Up One Level' until it gives you the option of Internal Memory or SD Card. Select the one that isn't highlighted and then see if the file is in there.

The other thing I'm wondering is if you can see the file when the unit is connected to the computer. When the GPS is connected to the computer, look in the Geocache file. Make sure the file has a .gs extention.

See if that helps any.

Cheers!

Are you using an SD card? You may have to tell the unit to look in either Internal Memory, or the SD card. When you go into Geocache file section, try selecting 'Up One Level' until it gives you the option of Internal Memory or SD Card. Select the one that isn't highlighted and then see if the file is in there.

The other thing I'm wondering is if you can see the file when the unit is connected to the computer. When the GPS is connected to the computer, look in the Geocache file. Make sure the file has a .gs extention.

See if that helps any.

Cheers!

The file has the .ws extension but nothing shows on the main map screen still. I guess worst case scenario i just enter the caches as POI's? this is very frustrating but at least there's a work-around.

See if that helps any.

Cheers!

The file has the .ws extension but nothing shows on the main map screen still. I guess worst case scenario i just enter the caches as POI's? this is very frustrating but at least there's a work-around.

The file should have a .gs extension NOT .ws They will not show on you map with .ws extension.

See if that helps any.

Cheers!

The file should have a .gs extension NOT .ws They will not show on you map with .ws extension.

Sorry they do have the .gs extension but still don't show. That was a typo on my part. btw i can select the gps and it will come up but just on a blank screen without my base or detail map data showing.

It sounds like you are looking at you gps folder and not you sd card. Maybe this is what's wrong? Your caches can be in internal memery or on the sd card. You will need to navigate up a level from internal memory to sd card when you go into active setup to see if they are there.

Found the problem, it seems that the magellan softwate selects east latitude by default. DUH!?!? lol