Missing missions?

mousekakat

Just a bit curious here.... how many of you are missing missions or have been stiffed for one?

We're missing our b-day mission for Cait and I and our reverse souvenir mission.

To be fair, I need to send our kids' mission, reverse souvenir, and a b-day mission, but I've been in contact with the recipients of some of them and they know they are on their way.

So, how many of you have been stiffed, and for which mission?

Naomi

I haven't received any of the two missions that I signed up for on this forum yet lol. However, I know that one is definitely enroute by surface mail. That was the "Mission for the young ones". It was the first mission for the folks that sent it and they didn't know about the "joys" of international post lol. It's just for Harv, who's a very patient 4-legged kid!!

So whoever you are, don't be worrying about it at all.

The other one was the first mission that I ever did the "Reverse Souvenir Mission", it hasn't arrived yet either. The person who got me for that one was in touch for a good few weeks though....but I haven't heard anything from her for about a month now. I just hope that all is well with the family. She did say that she would be in touch as soon as it was mailed though.....so at least I know it hasn't been lost in the post, thank goodness.

I suppose though when you think about it, anything can happen in family life and if something suddenly goes wrong the last thing that would be on folks minds would be a mission. It hasn't put me off taking part in them.....I love reading if folks have received any parcels we send, mind you I've only done those two on here.......but thoroughly enjoyed looking for bits and bobs for each of them.

Ali

Edited by Geo-Gophers

Wouldn't this be best discussed under the individual missions' topics instead of creating a whole new topic? That way the organizers would have the opportunity to help out or track down any missing missions.

I'm sure it has already been done, but since nothing "happens" it was also brought up here ?

Edited by Solan109

Wouldn't this be best discussed under the individual missions' topics instead of creating a whole new topic? That way the organizers would have the opportunity to help out or track down any missing missions.

I'm sure it has already been done, but since nothing "happens" it was also brought up here ?

So then this thread is to complain about something that has already been complained about somewhere else? :)

Wasn't really thinking of it as complaining, but rather as drawing some attention it in a central location...

And, I guess I'm also trying to shame some of the senders into getting into gear, too. Mine are all going out in the next day or so!

Naomi

I am not complaining because I know who received my name and who I didn't get a mission from. Even had offers from others to replace the mission that I didn't receive. But refused them all because I do know who had my name. It seems like it is a low number that doesn't receive their mission and seems I had posted that it wasn't received and never heard from the person saying it was sent then this might be someone who does missions to get coins but doesn't send them out. So when someone signs up for a mission they should be aware that there is a few who doesn't receive their mission.

We are missing 1 reverse souvenir mission...no word from who the sender might be.

Does there perhaps need to be a cut off date for missions, if you can't mail by a certain date please wait for the next mission to start?

Perhaps if you can't mail within a reasonable time frame should you have to email your intended recipient and let them know it will be late??

If mission organizers know that someone has signed up that hasn't held up their end of a mission in the past should they not be allowed to play???

I don't know the answers to any of those questions, just something to mull over....

I have participated in several missions. Too many to count now. Out of all the missions that I participated in there was only 1 time that I did not receive my mission. Even though I was disappointed, all the other missions have more than made up for it.

I have also organized 1 mission. There was a total of 68 missions signed up. Out of that 2 people did not receive their mission. :) I feel bad that people did not receive their's. I contacted the senders and was told they were sent. So it gets into a sticky area. If the person says they sent it, I have no other reason than to believe that and hope it eventually arrives. It could have gone MIA in the post somewhere.

I would like to organize another sometime in the future but what would people like to see?? It does not feel good when you do not get your mission and you see all the wonderful stuff that others receive. Should the organizer send out a replacement to cover for a package that has gone MIA? Or for a deadbeat cacher that does not respond to emails or inquiries?? Should there be a 'master' spreadsheet for those who do not send out...and that be passed from mission organizer to missions organizer and if a person does not fulfill their mission they are 'banned' from participating again?

Not receiving a mission takes the joy out of it, but luckily there are som GREAT people around :)

I never rcd the Leprechaun mission so Tooey and theotokos sent me replacements, thank you !

I still miss one of my missions but I'm not making a big deal out of it BUT I think there should be some kind of list to keep track somehow or let the ones not receiving know who they were supposed to recieve from.

I´m waiting for fiabus reverse souvenir mission and for one kidsmission.

I also hold the kidsmission so I know it is sent. Hope to get it soon.

It is a problem when one does not get any response when e-mailing, I have sent several to one person without a clue if they get it.

And I have asked several times in the reversemission thread about fiabus mission but still not a sound why it is late.

grodan Karin

Just one but it was squared up by the mission moderator (so to speak)...which should not have been done but the moderator went our of her way to make it right (Yeah Dorkfish) but I would never hold the mission moderator responsible for the problem.

I had one arrive super duper late (I was in the process of moving/forwards and what not...definitely not their fault) and the person felt so bad she sent another, which I still have to return...it is sitting in its package just have to take it to the post office... (Sewdaugh)...It is coming with a surprise for the littlesewdaugh.

I still enjoyed all the experiences of the missions I was involved with....I think 1:1 geocoin ratio works better cause that way if things get messed up you don't end up getting really :) Although I really enjoyed the larger 3:3 as well...

And, I guess I'm also trying to shame some of the senders into getting into gear, too. Mine are all going out in the next day or so!

So let me get this straight. You haven't sent out all your packages yet, but feel the need to start a thread to "shame some of the senders into getting into gear". :) Maybe sending yours out before shaming others who are doing the same thing as you would be a better approach?

If this is about missions in general, without naming missions, then I can understand the point of a seperate thread. If it starts to be about this mission or that one, those comments need to be in the threads already open and pertaining to those missions. I am all for calling it out if someone takes advantage of you, but it should be done in the thread where the person might be looking.

PGH, I can admit that I screwed up and also say that I'm working on fixing it.

There are those out here who hear NOTHING from anyone about their missions.

J&TPB... I have actually been shopping for more joke items for D. I wasn't sure I had gotten enough, so I waited for pay to come so I could. His package is packed and going out tomorrow, along with a special coin that only 15 of were made.

As for the reverse souvenir mission, I already said that I didn't care of the souvenirs were from here, and that I'd actually be pleased with souvenirs from their own area since I know how difficult it might be here...

Hving said that, though, I really didn't start this post to have to defend myself. I already admitted I was late and working on it.

Others who haven't sent anything, though....

PGH, I can admit that I screwed up and also say that I'm working on fixing it.

There are those out here who hear NOTHING from anyone about their missions.

Having said that, though, I really didn't start this post to have to defend myself. I already admitted I was late and working on it.

Others who haven't sent anything, though....

Sounds like this thread could have been started by some others with you being in the starring role. Instead you started it because you don't like that you haven't gotten your coins. I bet the people waiting on yours are feeling about exactly like you have. They are getting lip service and not coins from missions. There is a big difference between "on the way" and "planning on mailing them".

I've been in contact with the recipients of some of them and they know they are on their way.
You have told people, by your own words in this thread, their coins were on the way, when in fact they are sitting at your house. Doesn't sound very honest to me or very reassuring to those who have been looking in the mailbox for these coins that are "on their way".

Common sense should have told you not to post this thread to "shame others" when you are on the list of shamers. I guess common sense didn't prevail and now your thread called you out. I can't remember the last time I saw someone do this to themself, but I gotta give it to you, that was a rather ballsy tactic. From the sidelines it appears it backfired and placed you on the "bad mission participant" list. You can try to shift it to the other people who you want to talk about, but in general, you are now included in this group you are wanting to shame into sending coins out. That karma* is a tough one to escape.

*karma is in no way a reference to dorkfish nor did I or do I mean to insinuate that dorkfish is a stalker who is hard to avoid.

No it didn't take long at all. If anyone does have any problems with any particular mission being completed, please take it that mission thread. I do not see this thread serving a useful purpose at this point. It's best to find out information about a mission in the mission's own thread, so I am closing this thread.