NEW COIN: Norwegian Attractions: Nordkapp

fam.bergum

The second coin in the Norwegian Attraction series are finally here. The coins are 2" and 3.5 mm thick. It has its own custom icon and custom prefix [NO].

The sale opens at 4th of August 21:00 Central European Time.

The coins will be $10 and flat rate shipping $3.5.

Nickel:Order! (75 available)

Gold:Order!(75 available)

Black Nickel: Order!(100 available)

Background:

IMG_3037.JPG

nordkappklippen_pano.jpg

Europe’s northernmost point, the Nordkapp rises to a majestic 308 meters above the Barents Sea. North Cape has always been an important point of orientation for sailors in the northern areas and a big attraction for people from all over the world. Nordkapp is a Norwegianized form of the English name North Cape from 1553 (the old Norse name of the cape was Knyskanes). The original name of the municipality was Kjelvik, after a fishing village with the same name. But the village was totally destroyed by the Germans in 1944 - and it never recovered. As a consequence of this the municipality changed the name to Nordkapp in 1950.

IMG_3033.JPG

On the back there is a Sami, and the text Geocaching under the midnignt sun.

The Sami people are an indigenous people of northern Europe inhabiting Sápmi, which today encompasses parts of northern Sweden, Norway, Finland and the Kola Peninsula of Russia. Their ancestral lands span across an area the size of Sweden in the Nordic countries. The Sami people are among the largest indigenous groups in Europe. Their languages are the Sami languages, which are classified as Finno-Ugric.

The Sami on the coin wears a Gakti. A Gakti is a piece of traditional clothing. The gákti is worn both in ceremonial contexts and while working, particularly when herding reindeer. The clothes are characterized by a dominant color adorned with bands, plaits, tin art, and often a high collar.

The colors, patterns and the jewellery of the clothing can tell if a person is single or married and where the person is from. There are different gákti for women and men; men's gákti have a shorter "skirt" than women's. Traditionally the gákti was made from reindeer leather, but nowadays it's more common to use wool, cotton or silk.

Regards,

Hallgeir(fam.bergum)

I had my second car breakdown within 1 month :laughing: . I really need to reduce my inventory of coins... and have decided to sell off the last Nordkapp coins. I hope you find them more attractive at $7.85. Remember these are 2 inch, 3.5 mm coins. Imitation hard enamel.

There where 250 coins made

100 Black nickel

75 Polished Gold

75 Polished Nickel

There will not be a remint of these. Not in any metal/finish.

Thanks for looking.

I love these Norwegian Attractions coins. My Norkapp coins arrived today and are a great looking coins.

I have had the GCWR1C Northernmost Cache on my watchlist for some time, I hope the cache keeps active. I started some of my coins for travel there.

A second cache in the area is now Northernmost GC13V3F

Nordkapp area also has one of the greatest webcams in the world http://www.nordkapp.tv/index.php?id=196096]Link[/url]

I hope Norway Attractions continues, thanks for the great coins and they are priced at a real discount.

Edited by Sandtracker