Geocoin Owner Notifications - Not getting, Why?

orovalleysam

Sorry for the trouble, folks. We are aware of some email irregularities and are investigating. It would be really helpful if others could post their experiences in this thread as well so we have more to work from. Thanks for any information you all can provide.

I'll let you know when I have more information.

Sorry for the trouble, folks. We are aware of some email irregularities and are investigating. It would be really helpful if others could post their experiences in this thread as well so we have more to work from. Thanks for any information you all can provide.

I seem to be getting both Retrieve and Drop emails for coins that I am Watching (I have not checked them all to see if I am missing any), but I know that I am only getting some of the notification emails for Travelers that I own.

I only appear to be missing owner notification of Placements only on owned trackables. I get retrievals and discoveries just fine. My watchlist items are fine, getting everything.

I don't have any owned caches so don't know about those.

No bookmark items set to get notifications so can't help out here.

Thank you for the info OpinioNate :anitongue:

I had InstaNotify set up to show all found caches within 30 miles of my home coordinates, and it was working fine before the upgrade. Afterwards, I stopped getting emails showing the caches I found that fit the criteria. I am still getting emails for other members who find caches in the area, although I have no way of knowing if I'm getting them all or not.

Please help!

:anitongue:

Bookmarked items with the bookmark list set to notify is not sending ALL of the items.

I had InstaNotify set up to show all found caches within 30 miles of my home coordinates, and it was working fine before the upgrade. Afterwards, I stopped getting emails showing the caches I found that fit the criteria. I am still getting emails for other members who find caches in the area, although I have no way of knowing if I'm getting them all or not.

Please help!

:laughing:

Our main topic in this thread is geocoin "drop" notifications, I think, not bookmarks or InstaNotify

My only Geocoin recently got retrieved after sitting for nearly 2 years in a hard cache I placed it in. I received an email notification when it was retrieved but nothing when it was dropped in another cache a few days later.

I just checked one of my coins, and it was dropped yesterday, but I never got an email notification.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1533891

I moved one of my coins through a bunch of caches today (probably over 100 logs).

Many of the moves were in and out of caches I own.

Nary a peep in my EMail.

I LIKE IT THIS WAY!

If it's a log I write on my own cache, or a move I make of my own TB or coin, I don't need an EMail about it.

For those not getting EMail about moves/logs from others, I understand there is something to be concerned about.

I am fed up with having to go through my TB and GC inventory to see if someone has dropped one off.

What is being done about this?

As of Aug 7 it is being investigated :D

Phew :(

Thanks Shilo.

mm

What good its doing, I don't know. They haven't figured it out yet, thats for sure :(

I've noticed for the Fallen Heroes Geocoins account for some time now I haven't gotten the 'placed' notices. The other notices. (grabbed, discovered, and retrieved) have been coming in fine.

Nate:

If you need to feel free to contact me directly as that account has over 1500 of the coins activated.

Thanks

For a couple of months now, not only have I not recieved notification of the whereabouts of the few

TB's that I have put out, but I no longer get the weekly notification of new caches in my area :-

United Kingdom/ Bristol Area.

Please help sort out this problem, variations of which seem pretty common.

Many thanks,

Spuds4t

Edited by spuds4t

I think that I have narrowed down the problem -- I am not receiving emails for travel bugs or geocoins when I move them. I guess this is okay but it would have been nice to have gotten a notification that this was happening from Groundspeak.

That may be true, but it's clear that we aren't receiving dropped notices for our coins. I'm definitely not moving one of my coins and the only notices I'm receiving are the retrieved ones.

I don't recieve either drop or retrieve owner emails for my geocoins that I take to events. I don't have them in circulation, so I'm not sure if i'll get them when others drop them or retrieve them. I get all other emails on watchlist and bookmarks. I'm on gmail if that helps.

For a couple of months now, not only have I not recieved notification of the whereabouts of the few

TB's that I have put out, but I no longer get the weekly notification of new caches in my area :-

United Kingdom/ Bristol Area.

Please help sort out this problem, variations of which seem pretty common.

Many thanks,

Spuds4t

Some response, however minimal would be appreciated from you guys, whoever you may be!! This is my major Senior's hobby and I am totally at a lost at the moment. No news from any direction whatsover. Are there others like myself out there in the UK not getting information on new releases, TB movements et al?

Should I re-start with a new identity or what???????????????.

Spuds4t(aka h.taysom@btopenworld.com)

Edited by spuds4t

So far, I've not received any emails for the watch lists I've joined???? :D

Please can someone give some definitive answer about this (or at least a link to a thread where an answer exists)?

If there is a technical problem then please let us know about it and we can all sympathise with the people that are trying to fix it, and 99.9% of people will be patient.

However at the moment it sounds like a problem that nobody is trying to fix which I am sure is not the case.

Please can someone give some definitive answer about this (or at least a link to a thread where an answer exists)?

If there is a technical problem then please let us know about it and we can all sympathise with the people that are trying to fix it, and 99.9% of people will be patient.

However at the moment it sounds like a problem that nobody is trying to fix which I am sure is not the case.

From August 7th, the last and only comment from Groudspeak: