COINTEST: Magnetic Poetry to fill the time...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

OK, so I have printed all the answers, cut them, rolled and sealed them so they look like this:

Pictures deleted to save space.

and then boxed them up like this:

To avoid the possibility of me subconcoiusly picking a long or short one, the selections will be made by a neutral third party(different person each time)

The first announcement should be made later tonight and come in a form that may be a "First" in Cointests!

Or...maybe I just have a big head?

HaHaHa...Whichever answers are not chosen in the end, can be added as swag in some of those film cans that have no trade items in them! I'm so a cheap. They look big in the picture, but most of these will fin in film cans.

Sounds like a great way to pick a winner. Even if you subconsciously picked a long one or a short one we would never know. Thanks for the cointest.

Sounds like a great way to pick a winner. Even if you subconsciously picked a long one or a short one we would never know. Thanks for the cointest.

This is true. I was just pointing the obvious out since I am always getting picked on :anicute:

This is why I will have a third party(AKA a stranger) choose the packets from the bunch. I will also mix them up and rebox them each time.

On my way to a coffee shop today, I bumped into a girl(Heather? I think) who is on the road and making and selling buttons too pay for the gas on the trip her and her friends are on. After picking out some buttons to use as trade items, I had her choose one packet to be the winner. Then I went out to create the presentation. It should be posted late tonight.

This is true. I was just pointing the obvious out since I am always getting picked on :anicute:

This is why I will have a third party(AKA a stranger) choose the packets from the bunch. I will also mix them up and rebox them each time.

On my way to a coffee shop today, I bumped into a girl(Heather? I think) who is on the road and making and selling buttons too pay for the gas on the trip her and her friends are on. After picking out some buttons to use as trade items, I had her choose one packet to be the winner. Then I went out to create the presentation. It should be posted late tonight.

OOOOO what kind of buttons and for how much?

Just regular ones, like the "BumbleButtons" style She was cutting the pictures out of magazines and things. They're about 1.25 inches. A little expensive at 3 for $5, but I'm always willing to pay a little extra for someone who has the gumption to just head out on the road and work their way through as they go along.

Just regular ones, like the "BumbleButtons" style She was cutting the pictures out of magazines and things. They're about 1.25 inches. A little expensive at 3 for $5, but I'm always willing to pay a little extra for someone who has the gumption to just head out on the road and work their way through as they go along.

One has to give her credit for doing something that original :cute: !

Buttons like these...I mean...These Buttons...

1e94649d-4726-4c0e-95df-9ba49fc959d3.jpg

Oh, there I am - top left corner....

Well, Her friends were off somewhere selling them, and she was there making more. I looked through what she had in the bag(there weren't very many) and after I was done choosing from there, I still had a few more to pick, so I looked through the cutouts that she was still working on, and I thought of you when I saw that one. I picked it out and she made the Button for me. If you want it I'll send it to you!

Buttons like these...I mean...These Buttons...

1e94649d-4726-4c0e-95df-9ba49fc959d3.jpg

Oh, there I am - top left corner....

Well, Her friends were off somewhere selling them, and she was there making more. I looked through what she had in the bag(there weren't very many) and after I was done choosing from there, I still had a few more to pick, so I looked through the cutouts that she was still working on, and I thought of you when I saw that one. I picked it out and she made the Button for me. If you want it I'll send it to you!

Yes, She is more Butterfly_lady than a Fairyhoney :D But, she IS a beautiful button!

OK, Here's my twisted way of announcing the winners in this Cointest. I will not give the name of the winner, but I will pose their Poem as the subject of a ShutterSpot in my other Cointest. If the Poem is yours, you will know that you have won, but if it is not yours, you must read through the submitted answers to see who wrote it. Congratulations to whoever wrote this one!

The following was quoted from my ShutterSpot Cointest:

OK, this Cointest is not dead yet. I have had it on the back burner while I waited for the Special Coins to arrive, and now I have them. Let's get this thing MOVING!

There will be a change in the rules, and the 7 day rule will no longer apply. You may still submit an answer each 24 hours, but a round may end with a drawing at any time. Those who have sent in correct answers when I'm ready to post a new ShutterSpot will get in on that drawing. There will still be a limit of 20 entrants for each drawing.

In this Round, I'm looking for the City and State where I took the following pictures:

e1bc7b69-4f32-4316-9d85-cddb199537a7.jpg

d16a5bb5-5cb6-427b-9527-b191e2470d2d.jpg

06caea17-05e6-4ef0-ab47-077cece869c5.jpg

As you will see there is no Silly Character in these Pictures(like Roswell or Mr. Cool). The featured addition in these Rounds will be the randomly selected winning poems from my other Cointest. This may be a first in COINTESTS, where the Winning answers in one game are the questions in another game. These are not true ShutterSpots, since I did not stand in the same place for all the pictures, but they will work well in this format. Good Luck and enjoy the Pictures

About twenty of the packets in the box are extra strips left over from the cutting. They each have the word "Bonus" written on them, If one of them is drawn, then another must be chosen, and that one will win the Coin and the Magnets. This method actually allows for more than two players to win the extra prize. If less than two win that way, the bonus winners will be chosen directly from the 10 winners of coins.

That is soooooo sweet of you.

But it would cost a bit to send it down south here....

Maybe we'll set up a trade sometime.

:)

:)

Too late, It's gone already.

Shelly from Shari's has drawn a new winner and I will spend some time tomorrow working on the announcement.

This one will be difficult.

Many of the Rounds in this Cointest have been very easy. This one I worked at quite a bit, so I will make you work at it too. It's time to see who has been paying attention to details in previous Rounds. A qualified answer will provide the name of the Sculpture in each of the following five Images(that's five different names). Good luck, and enjoy your research.

One.

aa5d2f77-71fc-4ca1-b46f-34addfdbf95e.jpg

Two.

3acca40d-e845-4875-b4a1-e95ca4e31098.jpg

Three.

8738a7b5-4b2c-4148-9ff7-d102ffd14652.jpg

Four.

d3592dfe-334f-4949-8380-58f45f36f0a9.jpg

Five.

6d05be46-c7dc-445d-8da7-261f18297503.jpg

Please follow the same method as before for submitting your answers, but list the names alongside the correct numbers. All the Best, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

You'll need to do some straight research, as well as a little creative thinking on this round.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Shelly from Shari's has drawn a new winner and I will spend some time tomorrow working on the announcement.

This one will be difficult.

Many of the Rounds in this Cointest have been very easy. This one I worked at quite a bit, so I will make you work at it too. It's time to see who has been paying attention to details in previous Rounds. A qualified answer will provide the name of the Sculpture in each of the following five Images(that's five different names). Good luck, and enjoy your research.

One.

aa5d2f77-71fc-4ca1-b46f-34addfdbf95e.jpg

Two.

3acca40d-e845-4875-b4a1-e95ca4e31098.jpg

Three.

8738a7b5-4b2c-4148-9ff7-d102ffd14652.jpg

Four.

d3592dfe-334f-4949-8380-58f45f36f0a9.jpg

Five.

6d05be46-c7dc-445d-8da7-261f18297503.jpg

Please follow the same method as before for submitting your answers, but list the names alongside the correct numbers. All the Best, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

You'll need to do some straight research, as well as a little creative thinking on this round.

:D

Double sweet!

This Round will be played "Jeopardy Style", and leaves a little more wiggle room for the creative players among us. Good luck.

For those who don't know what I mean by "Jeopardy Style" look up the Game Show

Alex, I'll take "New Hotels" for one Coin...

68cc4849-4a20-4469-bc7a-ea05ac0db27f.jpg

0974efb4-e148-4ce8-a914-14c7cb6c2ee9.jpg

38220325-401b-461a-80e7-1c5cacb69535.jpg

Our winner this time was drawn by Christy at a Coffee Shop in Willows, CA

The following was quoted from my ShutterSpot Cointest!

This Winning Selection was drawn by my regular waitress at a Truckstop I go to fairly often. They only have two booths with an outlet for the computer, and I often go there late at night, so Karen if almost always the one to help me.

Sometimes I WONDER if I just DREAM too much, or if what I DESIRE to create will ever actually be done.

In the game of ShutterSpot, one thing I would like to create (probably with the help of many other players) is a series of 50 ShutterSpots that each feature one State Capitol, but none of them are identified. Each player who attempts a find would first have to identify the State(just from a picture of the capitol Building), and then travel to the Capitol and determine where the Photo was taken from.

These Photos were taken around the Capitol Building in one of our 50 states.

See if you can tell me which one! (City and State Please)

ea355e67-0c22-4d49-9224-c3cf0e14b9ec.jpg

c21fe9b2-aa1f-427f-aba9-44e6495a0c25.jpg

3bc11668-8663-4cef-a827-bce97d42eb43.jpg

74a5c508-2187-4722-a3fb-ef6143e5a384.jpg

e5651d7c-4197-403d-a1d3-6bb4e6fd6e15.jpg

5c78799b-2021-4438-991d-a89df7763847.jpg

In this Cointest, a player may only win once, so I guess fingers crossed will be choosing someone else to receive the Coin!

Should I wait then until all the winners have been chosen?

Congrats fingers crossed! What insane good luck you have! And thanks again to WRITE SHOP ROBERT for the awesome cointest!

:laughing: Maybe I'll have to go buy a lottery ticket....

Wow! Chip just went out and got the mail and brought me this envelope and said I think it's a coin? I said "I'm not expecting anything?" I opened it to find that I had won this contest. I have been so busy this month and have not been in the forums much this month that I had forgotten all about it. I received a red parrot coin with the words "cointest winner" on the back and the magnets that comprised my quote. Thank you so much for the opportunity to win and for picking my entry. It was truly a great surpise:)

In this Cointest, a player may only win once, so I guess fingers crossed will be choosing someone else to receive the Coin!

Should I wait then until all the winners have been chosen?

That's up to you, it doesn't even have to be a player in this game, or even in the Coin Forums.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

;)

Double sweet!

TRIPLE SWEET!!!

After 3 days being sick, dragged my aching tired body out to check the mail. Perfect timing WSR!

Oh wonderful timing actually - thanks heaps - you cheered me up.

This is one awesome wee gift.

Thanks WSR and the community too.

Edited by Butterfly_lady