COINTEST: Magnetic Poetry to fill the time...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

The following announcement is quoted from my ShutterSpot Cointest!

Well, since I've kept you all waiting so long, you'll get off easy in this Round. I wanted to make you look up six different locations, but that would take me at least another whole day to set up, and I really need to post something, so you'll only need to answer two.

I have tried to tie the images in with the phrase in some way for each round, so the first part of our delay was from me trying to think up the theme for the images, and then more delay was caused by getting everything together to stage the Photos.

ONE.

862db9e5-59f6-4985-afe0-4847b7379e9f.jpg

This is not an endorsement, only a clue to my location!

TWO.

c70a3d87-872b-4d54-afe7-53cd8a4733cd.jpg

In this Round,

Please tell me the County and State where I took each of the Two Images,

(and then if you are not registered, go take care of that. Time is almost up in most places!)

Well, HELLO - WSR

WE want and need to hear from you :D everything alright with you. I mean it isn't like you to be away for SO long :lol:

I am started worring too! Are you ok my friend?

Most probably he is driving so he doesn't have internet, but...

I hope to hear from him soon! Just that he is ok! :laughing:

I am so sorry to make you all worry. There can be many factors preventing things from coming together. I think I spent almost a week thinking of how to present this Phrase, then it took me a while to get to a place where I could pick up the registration form, and now we have the pictures. Good luck finding the answers!

ONE.

862db9e5-59f6-4985-afe0-4847b7379e9f.jpg

TWO.

c70a3d87-872b-4d54-afe7-53cd8a4733cd.jpg

In this Round,

Please tell me the County and State where I took each of the Two Images,

(and then if you are not registered, go take care of that. Time is almost up in most places!)

WAY TO GO BrierPatch!

Thanks to Samantha in Sparks, a new winner has been chosen. Now I need to work on the presentation!

The following was quoted from my ShutterSpot Cointest

For this round, you shouldn't even need to leave the Geocaching.com website to find the answers. Rather than spending days trying to create a photo setup that was fitting for this winning poem, I decided that the peom is an appropriate reflection of this game we all love so much. That's what it's all about anyway, isn't it?

What City and State was I in to get these shots?

This is the logbook from a Cache in the city where I took the pictures.

3a49a0d8-8d9f-409f-aa24-ffb98753d622.jpg

6bff73b3-3a31-4f8d-af3c-2eb7a03597ca.jpg

Good Luck to you all!

In this Cointest, a player is only allowed to win one coin. If they win the drawing more than once then they must choose someone else to receive the Coin. BrierPatch has had the idea to choose that person by having a "Cointest within a Cointest" That sounds pretty cool, so we will work out the details, and then get it going! That's a great way to choose the recipient!

Since at this point, we are only in the winning announcements phase of this Cointest, hosting the other one will not interfere with this one. It will probably be hosted right here!

WoW I won again how lucky is that I am thinking a cointest within a cointest hmmmmm..... Will have to think some... Thanks WSR

The Idea:

This idea was brought to me by BrierPatch as a way to choose the winner of his second Coin. I have adjusted it slightly to make it easier to play, and fun for everyone.

The Challenge:

Find an existing Cache listing that uses more of these words in the title than any other Cache listing.

The Entries:

Post the Cache title, and waypoint number in this thread.

Tell us how many of the Magnetic Words were used in the Title(so I don't have to count for every entry)

The rules:

1. The Cache must already be at least 6 months old, and currently active.

2. The entry period will remain open until the moment I announce the Last Winning Poetry selection

3. The Cache posted that has the most of these Magnetic Words in the title will be the winner.

4. You cannot be the owner of a Cache that you submit.

5. No Cheating (by getting someone to change a Cache name).

6. BrierPatch and I will be the final judges of entries and the winner. We reserve the right to add or edit rules as needed.

7. You may submit two entries each 24 hours(counting from the time of your first post)

8. First to post a Cache title gets credit for that one(if you post a title that has already been posted(same waypoint), it will be a disqualified entry)

9. Disqualified entries DO COUNT against your 2 per 24 count.

10. Any edited post will not qualify

11. A tie will send a coin to each tied winner

The Words:

6349a0e3-cbd9-4f89-804d-5fb8ee922b87.jpg

Good Luck, and have fun!!

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

(and BrierPatch)

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Do we have to physically find and log the cache, or just find the title on Geocaching.com?

If we have to find the cache first, can it be one that we found before?

Are we limited to Geocaching.com, or can we use other sites (e.g. Geocaching Australia)?

I think the idea from BrierPatch was for an actual find, but that's a change I intruduced to keep the Cointest easier. No physical find is required. Just find the Cache listed at the site.

As for where the Cache is listed, let's hear from BrierPatch on that question, what do you think?

NO NEED TO DREAM

CALL TODAY BEHOLD TOMORROW

Holding up an ad with telephone number for the new Garmin Oregon

Thanks for the cointest

Regards Tarot (UK)

W I N N E R !

Too bad I hadn't looked at the post before I ran off to Scheel's(the new sporting goods store in Sparks. I could have taken a Picture WITH an Oregon, and continued the Shutterspot Cointest with it. Anyway, Congratulations!

No Need to Wait for the Light (GC16C5B)

3 no, need, to

W I N N E R !

" No Need to get your Crotch Wet " (GC1A3DM)

No

Need

To

Placed 9 Mar 08 - it ias now 25 Sep 08 (a little over 6 months)

W I N N E R !

No need to Yodel (GC9744)

"no, need, to" = 3 words used!

Placed: 5 Oct 02 !! Quite old! :)

W I N N E R !

Elves Love to Read - 2 by geodeez (GC13ZBC)

3 words (love, to, read)

W I N N E R !

I'm through announcing the winning Poetry Selections for this Cointest, and all four of the above players have tied in the Extra Feature, so you each win a Coin.

I sure don't know how to run a Cointest. This one was supposed to have 10 winners, and I end up with 15! Anyway, if any of those listed as winners have already won a Coin in THIS COINTEST, you will need to choose another person to receive your coin. Thanks for playing!

OK, this should be a master list of all the winners in this Cointest.

If you were listed somewhere as a winner, and I missed your name here, please let me know.

If you have already received your prize coin for this Cointest, please let me know.

Nochipra...shipped

fingers crossed...shipped

TeamAmaroo...shipped...received

fingers crossed(coin to Lori Darlin)

BrierPatch

BrierPatch(Cointest created)

Tarot

Silfron Mandotheneset

fearthefish

Maine Family

DresselDragons

luckycharmer

fairyhoney

GATOULIS

ELTADA

If you are listed as a winner, and you already have one of these coins, please consider naming another person to receive your prize(not required, just an idea)

If you were listed somewhere as a winner, and I missed your name here, please let me know.

If you have already received your prize coin for this Cointest, please let me know.

Nochipra...shipped

BrierPatch

Tarot

Silfron Mandotheneset

fearthefish

Maine Family

DresselDragons

luckycharmer

fairyhoney

GATOULIS

ELTADA

If you are listed as a winner, and you already have one of these coins, please consider naming another person to receive your prize(not required, just an idea)

I WON a coin - THANK YOU SO MUCH. This turned into quite a cointest. Lots of twists and turns. It was fun.

CONGRATULATIONS everyone.

THANK YOU!

I am very excited to have won this coin...I have been following these cointests from the beginning and trying to enter in them all. They have been great!!

So much thought and effort WSR - so nice of you to host this for us!

Glad to hear you won't be disappearing though...:laughing:

Nochipra...shipped

BrierPatch

Tarot

Silfron Mandotheneset

fearthefish

Maine Family

DresselDragons

luckycharmer

fairyhoney

GATOULIS

ELTADA

I shall like to gift mine to . . .

Butterfly Lady :P ( IF she hasn't won one yet)

Nochipra...shipped

BrierPatch

Tarot

Silfron Mandotheneset

fearthefish

Maine Family

DresselDragons

luckycharmer

fairyhoney

GATOULIS

ELTADA

I shall like to gift mine to . . .

Butterfly Lady :P ( IF she hasn't won one yet)

Consider it done. There is only one problem though.

I have already written your address on an envelope.

What to do...What to do??? I can't go wasting a perfectly good emvelope now, can I?

I have all the addresses written on the envelopes, and will be working on stuffing and sending them. This will still take me some time to complete, so please be patient. I think I ended up with four winners drawn for the bonus prize of the complete magnet sets. I will not announce these names, but the bonus prize will just arrive in your mail!

This completes this Cointest for me. Thank you all for playing along. I had fun watching all the ideas come out. Some were quite funny while others were very touching. I hope you all had fun playing along, and that each of the winners enjoy your Coin, and all the little extras that come with them. All the Best, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

WOW I'm a winner, this is my first ever win in a forum cointest. Thank you Robert for hosting the competition, and congratulations to all of the other winners.

I can totally understand how time consuming this has been for you Robert, considering the amount of work you have put into all of your cointests. I appreciate all of your efforts and hope we still see lots of you here on the forums.

Kind Regards Tarot