COINTEST: Magnetic Poetry to fill the time...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

OK, I have ordered a special batch of coins to use as COINTEST prizes, but I have not retrieved them from the Post Office yet. It will be about a week or so before I am able to do that. There are 50 prize coins, and I'm getting the feeling that it will be difficult to use them all in my other COINTEST without making it go on forever, so I'll be using some of them in this one.

Rules:

You may post two entries every 24 hours(two per day, measured form the time of your first post).

Entries will be accepted until I have the coins in hand.

You may not duplicate any other entry(cannot copy or repeat).

Winners will be chosen by a random drawing from all qualified posts.

Of course, I am the final judge of all Qualified Posts and Winners.

(*added later)If you are drawn as the winner of more than one prize, you must select another person as the winner for each of the duplicates.

The Prizes:

There will be Ten prizes awarded by random draw of all qualified posts. The winners will each receive one of my Special Prize Coins, and Two of the winners will also receive a set of the Magnets that are the subject of the COINTEST(you can keep them, or break it down for Micro Trades)

The Idea:

I like to visit a certain Dollar Store whenever I am near one, because in addition to the regular junk at most Dollar Stores, they often have some real bargains they were able to find. I think these are factoty seconds or products from closed companies of something of that nature. Often they will have a product for sale at $1 that is much more expensive at full price (like 6-12 Dollars). I picked up several sets of these Magnets, to break down into individual trades in Micro Caches. Each one of these word magnets is a great item to leave in a Cache the size of a film can, and is a cool magnet on its own(I leave the Yes/No, and the To/Do as sets). As I was looking at the set together one day, I really started to see how useful it is as a whole. You can make so many important messages with these words, and really draw attention to whatever they are holding up on the Fridge...

For my example, if the kid brings a note home from the teacher, they could use the words "Need To Read Today" to hold it up for the parents to find.

6349a0e3-cbd9-4f89-804d-5fb8ee922b87.jpg

The Challenge:

Come up with an original combination of these words that is both clear and relevant in some way to what they might hold onto the Fridge. If it's a vague sounding combination, then tell us what might be held up by those words that gives them meaning, or if they would be used some place other than the Fridge, then tell us where.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Oops, is it too late to add a rule?? I guess since I make the rules, I can add one if I like?? To avoid the slim chance of one person winning all ten prizes(or even 2-3), we will also have the rule that if you are drawn for more than one prize, you must select another person as the winner for each of the duplicates(I really like that rule from my other COINTEST)

"Remember to desire tomorrow today"

One may not be around tomorrow

I love these kind of magnets for the fridge :huh: !

I love them too. I used to live with some roomates and we had a whole set of the little ones. I always liked finding new poems in the morning after we had guests the night before. On my first try I mentioned that I couldn't finish my poem, since the word I needed wasn't there, and my roomate said

"Duh, that's the point...You're supposed to try making a poem using only the words you have"

It can be good work for the brain...and the heart?

OK, I finally decided to make do with all the words provided . . .

Call love remember

Behold today need

Read no wonder to desire

Yes do tomorrow dream

Just a silly remembrance to remind us to have HOPE and that desire is OK to have

I now remember that I used to do silly little poems while in 10th grade.

Also, your magnets look to be made out of domino material and not that cheap paper glued on magnets like I've seen. Wish I could find your kind of find.

Thanks for the contest.

One question, while at the geocoin Saturday thing, you where taking pictures, right? - was it of anybody?

Call love remember

Behold today need

Read no wonder to desire

Yes do tomorrow dream

Just a silly remembrance to remind us to have HOPE and that desire is OK to have

Also, your magnets look to be made out of domino material and not that cheap paper glued on magnets like I've seen. Wish I could find your kind of find.

Thanks for the contest.

One question, while at the geocoin Saturday thing, you where taking pictures, right? - was it of anybody?

Yes, I was taking pictures. I finally got a chance to focus on that after all my coins were traded away. It was more "Of Everybody" than "Anybody" in particular. I have overextended myself in my time available online and started doing too many things to keep ut. I haven't even posted the hundreds of pictures from that weekend. I will eventually get to it.

The magnets are very thick, about 3/16 thick on just the magnet part, with the words being under a bubble of (Epoxy?) on top of the magnet. Very nice items. I bought all that I could find at three or four different locations(about 30 complete sets) as each oan can easily make 12-15 micro trades. I had seen some Scooby Doo sets before, and bought all of them too. I later saw the exact same item at a trendy gift shop for 11.95. Not too often, but I keep a close eye on this place.

Call love remember

Behold today need

Read no wonder to desire

Yes do tomorrow dream

Thanks for the contest.

Like THIS one???

f785c424-1b55-4c13-911f-f190c1fe838d.jpg

Sadly, that was only the second day I owned that camera (my other one is out of order, and I bought that one on the way there) and most of the indoor pictures are blury. Something in the settings I was unfamiliar with.

Call love remember

Behold today need

Read no wonder to desire

Yes do tomorrow dream

Thanks for the contest.

Like THIS one???

Sadly, that was only the second day I owned that camera (my other one is out of order, and I bought that one on the way there) and most of the indoor pictures are blury. Something in the settings I was unfamiliar with.

Oh, I LIKE I LIKE it A LOT :huh:

Our dollar stores seem to only sell items that wouldn't go for much more that $1.00 ( I Have bought nice produce there, though) We even have a Dollar Trre Store

Call love remember

Behold today need

Read no wonder to desire

Yes do tomorrow dream

Thanks for the contest.

Like THIS one???

Oh, I LIKE I LIKE it A LOT :huh:

Our dollar stores seem to only sell items that wouldn't go for much more that $1.00 ( I Have bought nice produce there, though) We even have a Dollar Trre Store

Looks like maybe you had spent a little time at the Kids Ammo Can station?? You can look up Mr. Cool's logs to see the name of where I got these.

No need to wonder.

b278f036-d1c5-41b7-b73d-49b3c36aa570.jpg

Are you talking about my shirt? No, I did that before leaving for GWVI because I don't care for plain white t-shirts :huh: . Question is . . . how did YOU know this was me?

oh, yeah to be on topic, geocoins are cool

But who is rifling through your coins???

This is a sad representation of most pictures from that night, maybe I'll try feeding some through the edit program at the site where I upload other photos, and render them as paintings or cartoons.

OK, I ran this blury one through two different edit features and got something useful. First I made it into "Fresco" then I took that and made it into "Inkstamp". These are from the Coinswap event so they are on topic for the section, even if not for the thread.

0ceaafcc-796a-423b-b1b1-9067ba333177.jpg

Remember to call today!!!! (I wish there were "!!!" too!)

what to hold? A paper with your girlfriend's photo and a note with her birthday!

Can you fill your house with notes like that? Do it!

Once I forgot to call my girlfriend in her birthday and give her my wishes!! It was under huge stress with my work, and actually I called her that day, but I didn't say anything!!!! I had forgoten!!!

Well.... I am still paying that!!! :o

Never forget a woman's birthday! She will never forget it!!! :D

I LOVE Words. The side of our fridge is covered with all things magnetic and I love to watch the kids and their friends spend time at the fridge; knowing the random assembly they leave behind will provide insight into their sense of humor, fears, thoughts... It is a simple way for them to express themselves without feeling they are bearing their souls to us old folks. But I digress; here I offer my attempt to include all of the words in a life message to my children posted where they are sure to discover it...on the door of the fridge...

Today

Love, Wonder, Read

Yes, do call; no need

Tomorrow

Remember to behold & desire

What does it mean? For today, I want them to take time to prioritize what is important to them in spite of what the world tells them should be important (school, work...). This includes the people in their lives; they should call today, not because they have a need rather that they are maintaining relationships today never knowing if they will have the chance tomorrow.

For tomorrow, I want them to start all over again. Behold the prior day and desire all things new...

Edited by sharom12

Eat healthy

holding a recipe!

THANKS for the cointest!

Gotta use the words in the set.

How about...

Read

Desire

do

holding the recipe

Sorry, not good with instructions lol

Please disregard my sorry attempts!!

By the way...any examples I give are not entries, so they may be copied and still qualify (my first example has already been posted as an entry)