Garmin 60CSx

Question: I have been reading the "online" owners manual and see that the 60CSx also has a "compass-screen".

1. Which do you use the most to find your cache, (a) map screen or (:huh: compas screen?

2. Is one screen easier than the other?

3. Will I have to change from one "SD" card, to another, to go from City Navigator NT to Topo 2008?

4. Will most map programs work with the 60CSx?

I use the compass screen on my GPSr, a Vista HCx ($220), to find the cache.

You can configure the "Data Fields" on the Map screen to give you the arrow and distance to next, so you can use it. Very rarely, I use the Satellite screen to "match up the numbers."

You will put both City Navigator and Topo on the card from Mapsource at the same time and can switch from one to the other easily from the Menu when you are on the map screen.

You need to purchase Mapsource maps, although there are some free maps, and some people even create their own. National Geographic TOPO! makes beautiful paper maps and can display the tracks from the GPSr.

Question: I have been reading the "online" owners manual and see that the 60CSx also has a "compass-screen".

1. Which do you use the most to find your cache, (a) map screen or (:huh: compas screen?

3. Will I have to change from one "SD" card, to another, to go from City Navigator NT to Topo 2008?

1. Definitely the compass screen.

2. Once again, the compass screen. Thats why I use it the most.

3. No. Provided that you have both maps installed on the same micro sd card. The City Navigator maps will always show on top of the Topo maps, but you can hide them very easily if you want to use the Topo maps.

4. I think most Garmin maps will, but ALWAYS check before buying them!

If you're still not sure whether or not to buy the 60CSx, I can say from experience "buy it with confidence", you will be getting (IMO) the finest hand held gpsr available at this time!!!

1. Definitely the compass screen.

2. Once again, the compass screen. Thats why I use it the most.

3. No. Provided that you have both maps installed on the same micro sd card. The City Navigator maps will always show on top of the Topo maps, but you can hide them very easily if you want to use the Topo maps.

4. I think most Garmin maps will, but ALWAYS check before buying them!

If you're still not sure whether or not to buy the 60CSx, I can say from experience "buy it with confidence", you will be getting (IMO) the finest hand held gpsr available at this time!!!

1. I personally use map and compass when I get close.

2. Than again... you can configure the map screen to have a other infos like direction pointer, time to, distance, etc...

3. You can install as many different types of map on a single microSD card as you want providing that you stay within the limit of 2GB or 2000 some mapsets.

One more thing... as for the screen of the unit. Yes, it is no where near as bright as other garmin gps with touchscreen like nuvi. BUT! 60 series and other handheld is all depends on the angle you view the screen.

I personally set the brightness to "0". Why? Because when you hold the unit in same position you need to hold to use the compass you can read the screen as good as having it full brightness. Difference isn't much.

Now, I am talking about on typical outdoor weather. Heck! I find it bright sun makes the screen even more easier to read. But like I said when you hold the unit with screen up, screen readability is excellent.