MISSION: Another one for the kiddos

puzzlefam

My kids just LOVED the coin mission they just did. (THANKS grodan & fiabus!!)

We thought we would do another one, but with a different spin on it.

I had a penpal from the time I was 10 until I was 18. The local library set it up. We didn't write to each other THAT often, but it was always a thrill to get a letter from across the ocean. The different customs, family traditions, and the neatest STAMPS! ;) I thought it would be fun to connect some of our kids here. All of them already have something in common, GEOCACHING! :laughing:

Rules:

Kids ages 5-15.

No 4 legged kids (IE: no dogs, they don't write very well)

You must be willing to send one unactivated coin to another country.

You must also be willing to continue to keep in touch with your new "penpal".

I MUST recieve your e-mail by AUGUST 15th. I will e-mail everyone their new penpal on or by August 17th.

Since the kids will be matched up I realize their first letters to each other will cross in the mail, but I thought that would be better than half the kids waiting!

E-mail me at: puzzlefam@yahoo.com Please put "PENPAL MISSION" in the subject line

Please let me know your child's name, address, age and sex and whether they would prefer a boy or girl penpal. Also include some things your kids are interested in. (IE: Hobbies, books they like to read, movies they like, music they like, etc) I will try to match everyone up with a child their own age or as close as possible. I put the youngest age at 5 figuring they could draw pictures to their penpal until they can write. (Will consider younger children, just as long as they will actually draw a picture. Want this to be personal, not all mom written ;) )

Please log your missions on the forum as:

E-Mail Sent: (Date)

Name Received: (Date)

Mission Sent: (Date)

Mission Recieved: (Date)

Remember, the person whose name you get, gets your name as well! Heres to hoping the kids have fun and make life long friendships!

PUZZLEFAM

Edited by puzzlefam

What a great idea thank you for the mission the kids loved the last mission ;)

April

E-Mail Sent: Aug.1st.

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Recieved:

Odessa

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Recieved:

Carolyn

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Recieved:

I think my daughter would be interested in something like this; however, I am not sure how it works. Once we get the penpal's name we send a coin and ??? to the little tyke and get the same in return? What is the MISSION? Thanks, and sorry if these questions are easy but I'm really new to this whole thing.

Thats correct! Your children would get a name and address to send a coin and letter to. The letter should say something about them, to start a friendship. (Interests, hobbies, how much they love geocaching :( etc). Just e-mail me your child's name, address...stuff I said in the first post. On August 17th, you will have the name for your mission!

Take Care, have fun!

Im sure there is a lot of families still on vacation. Maybe this offer should be extended a week or two!! ;)

Just an idea.

Upon request....I will extend the cut off date to August 21st. BUT THATS THE LATEST! Kids are antsy ;)

Uh oh...we will be on vacation and away from a computer from the 22nd to the 2nd of September. Puzzlefam, can you pass this information onto whoever you assign to us? We will definitely get to it once we get back.

I hope this doesn't mess anything up. :wub:

Im sure there is a lot of families still on vacation. Maybe this offer should be extended a week or two!! ;)

Just an idea.

Upon request....I will extend the cut off date to August 21st. BUT THATS THE LATEST! Kids are antsy ;)

Uh oh...we will be on vacation and away from a computer from the 22nd to the 2nd of September. Puzzlefam, can you pass this information onto whoever you assign to us? We will definitely get to it once we get back.

I hope this doesn't mess anything up. :wub:

NOT A PROBLEM! I am sure whoever your little one is paired up with will understand!

ALL OF THE PENALS HAVE BEEN E-MAILED! IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR THIS MISSION AND DID NOT GET AN E-MAIL FROM ME WITH YOUR CHILD'S PENPAL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

I ALSO JUST REALIZED THAT I DIDN'T SEND THE CACHING TEAM NAME IN THE E-MAILS. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TEAM NAME THE PENPAL IS FROM, SHOOT ME AN E-MAIL!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE THE FORUM, WHEN YOU GET MY E-MAIL, WHEN YOU SEND YOUR MISSION AND WHEN YOU GET A MISSION!

THANKS

ANN MARIE TEAM PUZZLEFAM

Johanna

E-Mail Sent: august 4

Name Received: august 25

Mission Sent:

Mission Recieved:

This is going to be so much fun. Johanna has been so curious about the kid she will be writing to. This is going to be fun also for me (mom) :) since I believe our familys have some things alike right now.

Thanks for holding this.

grodan Karin.

Doh just seen this, my two kids would have been up for this, is it really too late? Is there any others out there that were also too late? We are in England and I have a boy age 12 and girl age 10 who would be interested.

My daughter, Rachel, age 9 would be interested in corresponding with your 10 year old daughter if there haven't been any other takers :rolleyes: Let me know and I'm sure Puzzlefam can send our addresses and interests to each other. I'll keep an eye on the forum for any updates. Thanks.

Doh just seen this, my two kids would have been up for this, is it really too late? Is there any others out there that were also too late? We are in England and I have a boy age 12 and girl age 10 who would be interested.

I might have a penpal for your son. I am waiting on a response from someone! Will let you know as soon as I know!

I might have a penpal for your son. I am waiting on a response from someone! Will let you know as soon as I know!

Yes, I recieved an e-mail and send a reply this morning. All is fine with me!!

;)