Do you think this guy is a Geocacher?

Lacomo

Are you sure that's THIS week? I'd kill for gas prices like those!

Yes that is this week. Some places around town it's $3.42
It's because they live near the cornfields and get cheap ethanol partially paid for by the rest of the country... but that's off topic.

Awesome name ;)

I get the micro joke, but

"Off Road" Diesel is cheaper than "Diesel"? Never heard of such a thing. What's the difference?

I presume it's the same reason that boat diesel is cheaper than car diesel. Basically, it's diesel without the highway taxes. They put a die in it, and if you use it in your car, you can get fined.

(At least, that's what I assume off-road diesel is.)

Off Road Diesel does not have all the sulfur removed and is not as clean as highway diesel....

"Off Road" Diesel is cheaper than "Diesel"? Never heard of such a thing. What's the difference?

I presume it's the same reason that boat diesel is cheaper than car diesel. Basically, it's diesel without the highway taxes. They put a die in it, and if you use it in your car, you can get fined.

So, if i go to a boat marina and buy regular unleaded, then i shouldn't pay highway taxes either? Hmmmmm, it'd be worth it to launch the boat, fill er up, then transfer the gas to the Jeeps,, hehehe. :huh:

I haven't looked it up but i'm guessing that since there are incentives for farmers (they're taxed differently from us regular folk, their license plates are cheaper here in Texas), that the lower diesel costs may be aimed towards them as well. On the otherhand, it may have to do with the grade of diesel, sulfur content, (it pollutes more so is not approved for highway use) or something like that.

My comments on Boat Diesel may be specific to the State of Maine... I only know what my lobstermen friends tell me... and they don't care about unleaded... :huh: (or about tractors!)

They tell me that their boat diesel is the same as the stuff in the pumps (except for the dye) (Yes... I know I spelled it wrong last time!). But they could be mistaken... it seems like the sulfur content would be an issue too...

No road fuel taxes on off-road diesel. Same fuel, dyed a different color.

-R

Check your state laws though...here in Washington the off-road diesel is supposed to be only used by farmers. I've had a few friends in diesel trucks who've been stopped by the state patrol and had their tank "dipped" to make sure they have on-road diesel in their tanks. Huge fine if you are caught!

Are you sure that's THIS week? I'd kill for gas prices like those!

Yes that is this week. Some places around town it's $3.42
It's because they live near the cornfields and get cheap ethanol partially paid for by the rest of the country... but that's off topic.

Awesome name :laughing:

come down under 4 a visit and pay $1.50+++ PER LITRE!

We would swap your highest US gallon price for our per litre prices any day.

Mike Crowe... didnt get it either till mtn-man's hint

g1 :D

-//- come down under 4 a visit and pay $1.50+++ PER LITRE! -//-

Belgium €1.2 /L of diesel :D €1.50/L unleaded

Schotland £1.70/liter diesel :D

we'll take any of your prices and be happy.

and dont get me started on housewarmingfuel prices ... price 2008 = price 2000 x6 B)

now 2000L of housewarmingfuel will set you back €1800.00 :laughing: IF you buy 2000L, gets even more expensive if you buy smaller quantity.

Again, the difference between off-road and regular diesel is that off-road has no highway fuel tax built into the price. Off-road is dyed red to prevent it from being used in a highway vehicle, and there is a really huge fine if you are caught with it in your tanks. The chance of your personal vehicle being checked is small, so put 10 gallons into a couple cans in your pick-up, and add it later.

The price difference between states is due to the different state taxes per gallon. These differences are allowed for by smart drivers who have to file fuel tax statements or comply with those regulations. Those in passenger cars should just look for the best price. Utilizing a major truck stop chain website is an easy way to do this.

-//- come down under 4 a visit and pay $1.50+++ PER LITRE! -//-

Belgium €1.2 /L of diesel ;) €1.50/L unleaded

Schotland £1.70/liter diesel ;)

we'll take any of your prices and be happy.

I think I would rather pay for my fuel in your currency and our prices, as you can see from the following information, the aussie $$ is worse, so your prices in your currency means that if you converted your currency to ours then you would be able to buy more fuel than I could in my dollars.

Base currency is AUD - Australia Dollars Mid-market rates as of

August 2008, 19 07:22:54 UTC (GMT)

XE Commercial Data Feed Service

Currency Unit Units per AUD AUD per Unit

BHD Bahrain Dinars 0.325966372 3.067801118

BMD Bermuda Dollars 0.864539672 1.156684918

BSD Bahamas Dollars 0.864539672 1.156684918

CAD Canada Dollars 0.920870697 1.085928788

CHF Switzerland Francs 0.95052372 1.052051599

CYP Cyprus Pounds 0.345283853 2.896167867

EUR Euro 0.589952489 1.695051753

GBP United Kingdom Pounds 0.46576827 2.14699039