Trip & Waypoint Manager

K7CJS

I'm a newby so.....

Got my 60cx in the mail yesterday and am expecting the City Nav (DVD) today. I was using a borrowed 60Csx so know enough on how to get by but it didn't have any extra Maps loaded so I'm clueless when it comes to the map software part. I still don't know if I am suppose to load T&W Mgr if I'm going to be using City Nav. If so what/when/why do I use it?

I have GSAK and did a PQ just fine. Next step will be getting a used Palm and Cachemate but first I need to tackle this map issue so I can go out.....now!!! lol.

Got my 60cx in the mail yesterday and am expecting the City Nav (DVD) today. I was using a borrowed 60Csx so know enough on how to get by but it didn't have any extra Maps loaded so I'm clueless when it comes to the map software part. I still don't know if I am suppose to load T&W Mgr if I'm going to be using City Nav. If so what/when/why do I use it?
Since you’re going to install CN, installing T&WM is optional. Installing T&WM does two things: 1) Installs the MapSource program. Installing CN will also do this, so for this you don’t need to install T&WM. 2) Installs a worldwide basemap in MapSource. If you don’t install T&WM, you won’t have the worldwide basemap in MapSource on your computer. The handheld of course has its own basemap, which has nothing to do with T&WM.

Although you can’t transfer the Trip and Waypoint Manager worldwide base map to a receiver, and it has only the typical base map level of detail, it is useful to have on the computer if you collect waypoints or tracks from countries that are not shown in other map products that you have installed and want to see them on a map for context. Of course, a lot of people would probably just use Google Earth or Google Maps for this. But sometimes it’s convenient to be able to do it within MapSource.

If you have it installed in MapSource it appears in the product selector dropdown box as a separate product “Trip and Waypoint Manager”. Selecting it gives you access to the worldwide base map.