Linking to your geocache from your cartridge

I've noticed a trend among the cartridge builders when it comes to creating the description of their cartridges. Most don't link to an associated geocache in their cartridge descriptions. They always link to the cartridge in their geocache descriptions obviously.

When creating your cartridge descriptions please consider linking to your associated geocache. Probably the vast majority of us interested in Wherigo find your cartridge first and then have to play detective to find your cache. It sure would be much easier to determine if there is a cache for your cartridge and then view it if you would include a link to it or at least the waypoint (GC#).

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

I've noticed a trend among the cartridge builders when it comes to creating the description of their cartridges. Most don't link to an associated geocache in their cartridge descriptions. They always link to the cartridge in their geocache descriptions obviously.

When creating your cartridge descriptions please consider linking to your associated geocache. Probably the vast majority of us interested in Wherigo find your cartridge first and then have to play detective to find your cache. It sure would be much easier to determine if there is a cache for your cartridge and then view it if you would include a link to it or at least the waypoint (GC#).

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Deane

Great idea DeRock... I'll do that for mine!

Edited by kvhollis

We can put the GC# of an associated cache on the Wherigo page but cannot link to it since there is no way to enter HTML into a Wherigo page like you can with a normal cache page. At least no way that I've found.

I've never created a cartridge so I didn't know that. Thanks Audion for teaching me something new today.

I'll make that request soon on the Geocaching.com Web Site forum to add html to the cartridge page creation form.

Deane

We can put the GC# of an associated cache on the Wherigo page but cannot link to it since there is no way to enter HTML into a Wherigo page like you can with a normal cache page. At least no way that I've found.

I went back and added the GC number to the description. Wasn't my first choice, however. Sure would be nice if they would add a field for the GC on Wherigo.com.

I went back and added the GC number to the description. Wasn't my first choice, however. Sure would be nice if they would add a field for the GC on Wherigo.com.

Thanks buddy :)

Cartridge Notifier V2.34 alerted me and I got all excited thinking a new cartridge had been published in Michigan. :)

Deane

I've never created a cartridge so I didn't know that. Thanks Audion for teaching me something new today.

I'll make that request soon on the Geocaching.com Web Site forum to add html to the cartridge page creation form.

Deane

Just where is the correct place to ask for this change?

Deane

Cartridge Notifier V2.34 alerted me and I got all excited thinking a new cartridge had been published in Michigan. :blink:

Deane

... perhaps there is a market for said product, "Cartridge Notofier 2.34" to alert Wherigoers of new cartridges!

Edited by kvhollis

The Wherigo description pages use BB tags so you can include a hyperlink by adding:

[ url=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC***** ]Link[/url]

(remove spaces though :laughing: )

The Wherigo description pages use BB tags so you can include a hyperlink by adding:

[ url=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC***** ]Link[/url]

(remove spaces though :laughing: )

This no longer works (corrupts the download) but if you just include the link text in the Wherigo description it converts it to a link automatically. eg:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC*****