Please Help support our troops in iraq, they are cachers too!

:D Well I am back home from Iraq. I must say the one day that really sticks out ,was the day of the Forward Members Event. Everyone donated so much last year, it was almost hard to swallow. I have to tell you, the caching in Iraq almost makes you miss it. I did say almost... :D Now that I am back in the states, I would like to get together this years round up of donations, caches, coins, swag, and even travel bugs if you would like to send them over for a tour. If we all give a little even just a micro nano, or a travel bug to move around, it would make their tour, I promise. (It was the best day of the tour, except the day I got to finally leave.) I have a contact to send this over to them. So now I just need stuff to send them! I will start off by collecting anything you would like to donate at the event I am having, in Watertown, NY. It will be held at park there, a few miles from Ft Drum. Check it out at the website under GC1EN3P........

And to give you an idea of how awesome you and your fellow cachers are, check this one out GC19XKF. They need things to take their minds off the everyday nonsense, and caching is the best way over there. Supplies and coins and such, are just very hard to find! If you can find it in your heart to send your troops something again this year please contact me through the website. Thank you all very much. :D

Careful here. Asking for geocaching items like coins and TBugs to send over is OK. Things beyond that start to cross the "no solicitations" guideline. I would like to see one of my coins go over, so I might contact you and activate one personally so you can send it over for folks over there to see and log.

Careful here. Asking for geocaching items like coins and TBugs to send over is OK. Things beyond that start to cross the "no solicitations" guideline. I would like to see one of my coins go over, so I might contact you and activate one personally so you can send it over for folks over there to see and log.

Solicitations? I couldn't find that guidline. Could you provide a link so I can familiarize myself? In my humble opinion, even if it does violate some guideline, this is for the troops. I would really hope that TPTB look past any violations for this type of giving. Do these "guidelines" also mean we can't have an event to gather items for disaster victims? I know the guys and gals over in the sand are not COMPLETELY cut off from the ability to purchase their own caching items, but come on. Really? A solicitation violation? Buzzkill! ;)

Lone Sapper, count me in. I can't attend, but where can I send stuff?

SUPPORT THE TROOPS

-CacheMonkey-

US Navy, Submarine Vet

Edited by -CacheMonkey-

Solicitations? I couldn't find that guidline. Could you provide a link so I can familiarize myself? In my humble opinion, even if it does violate some guideline, this is for the troops. I would really hope that TPTB look past any violations for this type of giving. Do these "guidelines" also mean we can't have an event to gather items for disaster victims? I know the guys and gals over in the sand are not COMPLETELY cut off from the ability to purchase their own caching items, but come on. Really? A solicitation violation? Buzzkill! ;)

Lone Sapper, count me in. I can't attend, but where can I send stuff?

SUPPORT THE TROOPS

-CacheMonkey-

US Navy, Submarine Vet

Caches that Solicit

Yes, it means you can't have disaster relief or troop donation caches/events.

While many may find these worthwhile endeavors, TPTB have decided that they don't want to be the ones to decide EVERY time what's acceptable and what eventually crossed the line into bothering folks.

Solicitations? I couldn't find that guidline. Could you provide a link so I can familiarize myself?

From the forum guidelines as well:

8. Commerciality and postings with a larger agenda: It is Groundspeak's desire to maintain forums for the purpose of promoting the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote a commercial, social, political or charitable agenda insofar as the agenda does not reasonably relate to the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, in its sole discretion.

It has been discussed before. This is not the topic for that discussion. Search the forums to find out more.

Please do not take this topic off-topic.