Mega Event - Trackable question

Err, as I understand it, yes and no.

There will be a table for people to drop off trackables which are on the move for others to discover or move onwards.

It is my understanding that this is not for a cacher to bring their collection and leave it for others to discover, if I am wrong I am sure someone will be along soon to correct me :D

Personally, I would advise you to keep coins which are in your collection with you and allow them to be discovered as and when you meet people.

Events are notoroius places for trackables to go missing, perhaps not intentionally, but folks always seem to mislay trackables at events. It has happened to me a few times where my trackables which are travelling have disappeared into a black hole at an event. Occasionally they reappear when people clean to the bottom of their caching bag etc!

I'll have a few coins with me, among them a Moun10bike, a Groundspeak Lackey and my own Chase Your Dreams coin which you are welcome to discover, but you'll have to catch me as they are deffo not being left on any tables :D

I will also have a couple of sets of my Chase Your Dreams coins with me if anyone missed out when they were on general sale, including the LE & XLE versions.

<snip>We are however providing a specific room in the hotel for TB's and a room for Geocoins, with various tables marked with various destinations where cachers can discover these items (and swop them of course).</snip>

Thanks for the replies so far. I had read the original quote above, but this didn't make it clear if there would be a distinction at the event between swappable items (ones you could take away with you) and discovery-only items (ones you look at and then replace).

With so many trackables already dropped into the event pot, I can see this is going to be very interesting! :D I might follow the advice of Dorsetgal and keep a hold of our non-swappable coins.

See you all on Sunday . . . . :D

Edited by The Birches Head Hunters

Sorry for not replying earlier, but the events have started and I have spent a lot of time out at camping events and tonight at the first event cache.

There is a specific room/(s) for trackables, BUT personal coins for discovery only KEEP TO YOUR PERSON... we can not be responsible for 1000 + people

There is no way we can keep an eye on all the coins.

Does that clarify things

Robin

Thanks for the replies so far. I had read the original quote above, but this didn't make it clear if there would be a distinction at the event between swappable items (ones you could take away with you) and discovery-only items (ones you look at and then replace).

Point taken :D

With so many trackables already dropped into the event pot, I can see this is going to be very interesting! :D I might follow the advice of Dorsetgal and keep a hold of our non-swappable coins.

See you all on Sunday . . . . :D

Yes, I agree. I think it would be unreasonable to expect the Organiser to provide enough helpers to receive in/record all the trackables, hand them out to people and also keep a watchful eye over hundreds of pounds-worth of personal geocoins which are just for discovery. Better to keep them with you.

MrsB :D

Sorry for not replying earlier, but the events have started and I have spent a lot of time out at camping events and tonight at the first event cache.

There is a specific room/(s) for trackables, BUT personal coins for discovery only KEEP TO YOUR PERSON... we can not be responsible for 1000 + people

Does that clarify things

Robin

Good advice, keep a hold of your non-swapsies coins. We'll be bringing our collection to the event but you'll have to ask us to see them. Hopefully I'll get to log some nice coins this weekend - oh the icons the glorious little icons :D

Does that clarify things

Robin