Looking for a Retired Cacher

I am a freelance writer who is working on an article about Geocaching for a publication that caters to retires and those 62 and over. I am interested in interviewing an experienced cacher who is retired, over the age of 62, and located in the United States. The interview can be conducted via email or over the phone, and should take no more than 15 minutes of your time. Please let me know if you are interested and I will send you more information.

Thanks,

Amber McGinnis

P.S. You will not be compensated for your interview. Consider your payment introducing geocaching to millions of people!

Edited by crabbie1

One more opportunity missed because I'm still working. Let me go talk to the bossand tell him that's it, I'm putting in my paperwork.

edited to add - boss threaten to drug test me and sent me back to my office.

Edited by SgtSue

Just a personal pet peave , no response needed :ph34r:

Regarding our written tongue - is not a 'retired cacher' one who was once a cacher but has now ceased doing so, having retired? :unsure:

Should we not be "seeking a retired person who now caches" . . . I know, I am just kinda freaky about professionals using the tongue incorrectly. The newspapers and TV (written for reading on camera) are laden with poor grammar, spelling errors and the like passing for educated text. It is sad!

The slogan "News You Can Count On!" is used by stations across the US . . . bad grammar (eeeek!)

A couple of years ago there was an article about retirees and geocaching in Bottom Line Tomorrow (a version of Bottom Line Personal magazine that specializes in retirement/retiree issues). My mother-in-law (who is retired and very very very occasionally caches with her son but doesn't log online) pointed it out to me. I don't think you can find it online though.

I hear you, GRANDPA ALEX. Spelling errors are a personal pet PEEVE of mine too...

OUCH!!! It is what my grand sons call me, they do not pronouce the 'd', though I did mention spelling but was focused upon grammar errors . Got me on 'peave' too? Good on you!

BTW, it was not a targeted but a general observation of trends in the industry that bother me as education is not evidenced by presentation in the craft. The dumbing down of society is commenced in the schools and continued in the crafts where it should be presented as an elevated skill.

Thank you for responding to my post . . . hit my email, if you like, so that the OP can stay on topic.

Edited by GRANPA ALEX

I hear you, GRANDPA ALEX. Spelling errors are a personal pet PEEVE of mine too...

OUCH!!! It is what my grand sons call me, they do not pronouce the 'd', though I did mention spelling but was focused upon grammar errors . Got me on 'peave' too? Good on you!

BTW, it was not a targeted but a general observation of trends in the industry that bother me as education is not evidenced by presentation in the craft. The dumbing down of society is commenced in the schools and continued in the crafts where it should be presented as an elevated skill.

Thank you for responding to my post . . . hit my email, if you like, so that the OP can stay on topic.

Wonder if the dumbing down really started in the schools, or did it start in the home, or lack thereof, and simply overwhelm the ability of the schools to reverse the trend.

I am a freelance writer who is working on an article about Geocaching for a publication that caters to retires and those 62 and over. I am interested in interviewing an experienced cacher who is retired, over the age of 62, and located in the United States. The interview can be conducted via email or over the phone, and should take no more than 15 minutes of your time. Please let me know if you are interested and I will send you more information.

Thanks,

Amber McGinnis

P.S. You will not be compensated for your interview. Consider your payment introducing geocaching to millions of people!

We are active cachers, about 1000 finds per year for the last 4 years. We travel and cache and cache and travel. Have accomplished some of the "challenge" caches, EarthCache Platinum Masters, Oregon and CA DeLorme, Difficulty/Terrain grids, etc.

Just returned from 10 days on the road doing the APE, Original and visiting Groundspeak Headquarters all while visiting friends, relatives and caching along the way.

Profile is 2Dee2Dee for your information.

We worked with our local association on GeoWoodstock VI and are active in local events.

Glad to offer any information you deem valuable to your readership.

Dennis n Dorothy

I am a retired cacher (meaning one who has retired & is a cacher)....rather than a cacher retiree - one who was once a cacher but has now retired from doing so. And one of my pet peeves is some self-imagined "expert" who doesn't know what he's talking about, chastizing others. I'd be glad to help you with your interview.

~*

Regarding our written tongue - is not a 'retired cacher' one who was once...

and on and on and blah blah blah...

my own pet peeve is pedants who hijack a thread to play their own word games...

my sister and her husband are retired cachers who have over 900 finds in 48 states. You might try contacting them.

(English is a living language, which means that whatever people agree on eventually becomes "correct."

If the meaning is clear, that's good enough for an informal fosum such as this.)

and even with obvious typos! :D

Edited by hukilaulau

DNR Mother of team DNRBflo will be 70 in september and is retired. Her new partner is 80yo and retired. She would love to talk to you. We have over 900 finds together. She asked me to post this for her. She can be contacted at catsnbirds12 at roadrunner dot com.

Thanks,

Amber McGinnis

Hello, Amber!

If you still need some old geocachers to interview, Dot and I will be glad to talk with you or you may email us: bunng@aol.com or call 910-582-0794. We will be home Friday afternoon.

I will be 75 in 2 weeks, and my wife will be 74 in September.

Geo13

I am retired, a geocacher, but not yet 62, so like many of you I don't qualify for this article.

However, the geocaching community would love to read your stories, no matter who you are, so write 'em up and email them to TheAlabamaRambler@gmail.com and I will publish them in your free geocaching e-zine, The Online Geocacher. http://onlinegeocacher.com

Perhaps the OP would allow us to reprint his article in our e-zine?