Any1 been following this Amtrekker guy?

I came across this guy on youtube. I thought I had heard about him before but never looked at his web site or looked into it further til now. He's pretty cool! He left home and is traveling all over to accomplish the 50 things he's always wanted to do before he goes home. Looks like he's almost done but he has geocaching in all 48 of the mainland states as one of his goals.

http://www.amtrekker.com/index.php

Wow, I just got done watching all 45 of his Youtube videos! Totally awesome! It looks like he is having a blast! If there are any geocachers out there that can help him finish his goals I would encourage you to help him out and let him know how great the geocaching community really is. Good luck Brett aka Amtrekker and I hope you get everything done soon:)

Nochipra

I just had a thought? How about having a TB cointest in Amtrekker's honor? Anyone who wants to participate could. All you have to do is release a coin or TB with Amtrekker in the title to participate and a release date could be set to send them out and then when he announces when his goals are done on his web site, that would be when the contest is over? I would provide the prize of a coin or coins of my choice to the winner with the most miles by the end date. If this is something you would like to do let me know and I'll work on it this weekend. Please add in suggestions you might have too.

Interesting. I honestly think everyone should have a list that is do-able that they need to complete in life.

The ONLY item on my life list which has not yet come to pass is the following item:

37. To spend a week with Lara Croft, just the two of us.

However, I am yet hopeful, and still waiting. Everything else on my list has come to pass with ease, and I am very grateful for that and for everything else in my life (except the constant harrassment by my favorite geo-stalker Sionevil, but that is another matter, covered in a tagged thread devoted solely to that topic.) Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Hi all,

I thought I would go ahead and do a travel bug race in Amtrekker's honor. WINNER will win a coin of my choosing.

How it will work:

1. You create a new travel bug to send out or you can just send out a coin. It must be a new TB or Coin that you are sending out and not one that is already in circulation!

2. The Travel Bug page or Coin Page MUST have AMTREKKER in the title to participate.

3. Give your Travel bug a mission. Anything.

4. Post a link to your Tavel Bug page or Coin page in this thread. It must be posted here to be able to win.

5. You drop your TB or coin in a cache of your choosing after Friday Aug. 8, 2008 but no later than Aug 30, 2008. Any tb's or coins submitted after Aug 30 will not be participating in the contest. If Amtrekker completes his goals before Aug. 30 and is back home then no more entries will be allowed after he arrives home. So the sooner you send it out the better. YOU CANNOT SEND THE TB OR COIN OUT BEFORE AUG. 8, IF YOU DO, THEN YOU ARE NOT ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!

6. No TB owner or Coin owner can dip a coin in one cache and then dip it into another for travel miles. YOU MUST ONLY DROP THE COIN INTO A CACHE AND LEAVE IT FOR ANOTHER CACHER TO PICK UP. Others may dip the TB or coin but they CANNOT be from the same caching team or family. Anyone suspected of cheating will automatically be disqualified from the race.

7. You are the only one responsible for your own TB or coin. If it gets lost or stolen before the contest ends then your out of luck.

8. When Amtrekker is finished with the 50 goals on his list and arrives back home then the contest will be over and the TB or Coin with the most miles on it will be the winner. The day and time he arrives home will be the official end of the contest. I will contact him to ask exactly when that date and time was. Winner will receive a coin of MY choosing.

9. I reserve the right to add or change rules as necessary during the contest.

10. Lets show Amtrekker our support and how much we love watching his adventures. You can check out his adventures at http://www.amtrekker.com/

Good Luck!

Edited by Nochipra

Just a thought... since most TBugs have trouble obtaining one goal, asking that they obtain 50 might be a stretch.

Good point think I'll change that.

Actually, multiple goals give it a better chance of a cacher being able to help. If a TB's goal is to visit the Empire State Building, I am not likely to be able to help, but if one of the choices were to "See Hoover Dam", then I could help to draw a line through that item and help it move on.

I would also request each TB owner include a printed checklist of (20-30 items) and also the TB starts it's travel in a freezer bag with this list.

Hi all,

I am still doing this contest if anyone is still interested in participating? Please check out post #10 for the rules. Since I have not been in the forums much this month I will extend the date to send out a coin or tb another week so the deadline date to send it out and post the link here is Sept. 6, 2008. Thanks.

Nochipra