Anyone bought a Targa SatNav from Lidl lately?

A bit of a last minute request, but Targa helpline haven't got back to me and we're heading away Thurs lunchtime...

Has anyone actually figured out how to get the coords in on the "Enter GPS position" screen?

Mine comes up with Enter longitude and I'm trying to put the west coord in, but it seems to want an extra digit(?) and I sure as help can't figure out how to get it to go in and give me a latitude screen... Keeps flashing up with my current location or something instead.

It's driving me potty... and the manual is as much use as a chocolate teapot in this regard...

Seems way too sensitive, too, and gives me completely different digits than I carefully selected quite frequently. Calibrating screen did not help.

If anyone can help you would be saving me much pain suffering... (and enabling me to visit more caches while away)

It's the E3520 that they were selling a week or so ago. I've set it so it should be taking DD.mm.mmm

Thanks

mousy

I know nothing about this unit and you may have already tried these, but I'd probably try:

Checking the coordinate format is set correctly in settings

Negative number (if there's no E/W option)

Padding with leading zeroes

Subtracting from 360 (if there's no E/W option)

Edited by Crid

I know nothing about this unit and you may have already tried these, but I'd probably try:

Checking the coordinate format is set correctly in settings

Done, as advised above.

Negative number (if there's no E/W option)

There are NESW "buttons", also deg, min, sec symbols, decimal pt, +, -, a sort of thing that looks like a pizza cut into four quarters, a back triangle (for amending) and a done button which ought to be the way of getting to the next screen I would have thought, but wont do anything.

I have tried putting in coords with no "punctuation" and tried with the deg and min symbols but nothing seems to work.

I wonder if it's faulty. For instance if I want to do a zero, I am sometimes getting 3,4,5,or 9 instead. Maybe there isn't anywhere on the "Done" key that's picking up as Done.

Padding with leading zeroes

Subtracting from 360 (if there's no E/W option)

I think I might take this back to Lidl next week and see if I can exchange it. It just doesn't make sense.

Thanks for your reply.

mousy

Edited by mousytrap