Helping out Cub Scouts learn about Geocaching

SeabeckTribe

I am a Bear (9yr olds) Den leader for my church Cub Scouts. I have been talking to them about Geocaching. They are excited :mad: to go and find the ones I hide around the church. As leaders, we have planned Caching Pack Meeting on August 8th at 6 pm at Schold Farms in Silverdale, Wa.

I am looking to my fellow caching buddies who are willing to come out and help them. You would be willing to let them use your GPS and give them guidence when they are looking and replacing. You would be with a Cub Scout [8, 9, or 10 yr old] and his family.

I am hoping to get enough cachers to help out so they all have a positive experience and hopefully become future Geocachers. ;)

Each Cub Scout will be assigned two caches to do in the park then they can return to the parking area.

If you are interested, please email me at jazmat05@gmail.com with the subject line: Cub Scouts Geocaching.

I am a Bear (9yr olds) Den leader for my church Cub Scouts. I have been talking to them about Geocaching. They are excited :mad: to go and find the ones I hide around the church. As leaders, we have planned Caching Pack Meeting on August 8th at 6 pm at Schold Farms in Silverdale, Wa.

I am looking to my fellow caching buddies who are willing to come out and help them. You would be willing to let them use your GPS and give them guidence when they are looking and replacing. You would be with a Cub Scout [8, 9, or 10 yr old] and his family.

I am hoping to get enough cachers to help out so they all have a positive experience and hopefully become future Geocachers. ;)

Each Cub Scout will be assigned two caches to do in the park then they can return to the parking area.

If you are interested, please email me at jazmat05@gmail.com with the subject line: Cub Scouts Geocaching.

I would love to help out since I have not done the caches at Schold Farm yet, but, unfortunately, I will be in Spokane at the time.

I am a Bear (9yr olds) Den leader for my church Cub Scouts. I have been talking to them about Geocaching. They are excited :ph34r: to go and find the ones I hide around the church. As leaders, we have planned Caching Pack Meeting on August 8th at 6 pm at Schold Farms in Silverdale, Wa.

I am hoping to get enough cachers to help out so they all have a positive experience and hopefully become future Geocachers. :unsure:

I would love to help out since I have not done the caches at Schold Farm yet, but, unfortunately, I will be in Spokane at the time.

Thanks for the offer, if things change please let me know.

Lori

Have you checked with your local Boy Scout Troops? Several requirements now include task with GPS. So, within the Troop you will find several who know or do Geocaching. If they help out they can add those hours to their Service Hours.

WEBELOS who start checking out troops can find a Troop that does things with GPS. Also check with the Roundtable Commissioners, District Ex, and of course your council office.

Good luck & safe Scouting,

MtnMutt

Can't commit at this point, but there's a chance Bunygrl and I can be there. Depends on a kid drop and when I get back into town.

Hope you took MtnMutt's advice and checked with your associated troop. Building bonds between troop and pack are of the utmost importance and need to be utilized at EVERY opportunity. The rewards won't be reaped until later, but make a gigantic difference.

Have you checked with your local Boy Scout Troops? Several requirements now include task with GPS. So, within the Troop you will find several who know or do Geocaching. If they help out they can add those hours to their Service Hours.

WEBELOS who start checking out troops can find a Troop that does things with GPS. Also check with the Roundtable Commissioners, District Ex, and of course your council office.

Good luck & safe Scouting,

MtnMutt

Okay know that I have a moment to refocus on this, I will be looking into that. Thanks for the suggestion, I had not thought of other scouts.

Can't commit at this point, but there's a chance Bunygrl and I can be there. Depends on a kid drop and when I get back into town.

Hope you took MtnMutt's advice and checked with your associated troop. Building bonds between troop and pack are of the utmost importance and need to be utilized at EVERY opportunity. The rewards won't be reaped until later, but make a gigantic difference.

I am glad that there is a chance you guys can make it. I will email my cell number to you.