Oregon 300's, Are They Out There Yet?

I haven't heard of anyone getting a 300 yet. The 200's and 400t's seem to be available. Most of the places like GPSNow and tigerGPS that get them early are still saying early August, so maybe next week.

GO$Rs

Just got mine today. It's neat but I could not find in my city (Toronto) so had it shipped from Calgary in 2days . They were the only ones thatI could find that had it and I couldn't wait :anitongue:

I just got off the chat window from a GPS company that also likes frosted flakes. Here is what was said:

Me: Hello, I am wondering if there is a new ship/release date for the Garmin Oregon 300? Thanks in advance!

Dude: release date is 11/03/08

Me: As in November, no longer in the beginning of August like the description states?

Dude: that is correct

Dude: If you were to purchase now your wait time would extend into November

Me: Is that because you guys have a crazy back order on them, but the unit will be released by Garmin before hand. As is people who ordered them in July may get them in a couple of weeks or no one will get them until November? I hear there are some people in Europe who have them in hand already.

Dude: nope, this is across the board, Garmin has been having trouble filling orders so now they do it in batches, those who purchase in jury and onward will be on the list for Nov. batches

Thanks brings me to my next Question:

There is some one selling the Oregon 400T for ~$520 on Amazon ("This Item Ships same Day!! Brand New Full Factory Warranty") is that deal to good to be true?

Oregon 300 in stock here http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/garmin/oregon-300.html

I couldn't wait either (for the 300), so I went for the OR 400t for twenty dollars more.

Edited by TeamGeoduck