deleting old user accounts

I don't think there's any way you can delete the unwanted account, but you can stop the email notifications coming through from it by

Log in to the unwanted account and go to "Edit your profile" link (near the top)

This takes you to Edit account details.

Under "Email Address" section untick the box "Send me weekly emails of new caches".

Enter the password in the box at the top of the page.

Click on "Update Account" at the very bottom of the page.

MrsB :mad:

If the account has found or hidden any caches, if you delete it, it will mess up peoples finds counts.

If it is a dormant account contact @ geocache.com may delete it for you. Worth a try.

But if all you want to do is stop the email, follow the above recommendation!

(Which looks like someones after the new mods job! ;):mad: )

we would like to clear the unused user name off the GC records.

If you just want to be "tidy" towards Groundspeak, I wouldn't worry. I think they're up to about 1.6 million accounts created, so they won't be worried about getting back the disk space used by a single unused one.

But if all you want to do is stop the email, follow the above recommendation!

(Which looks like someones after the new mods job! :mad::o )

Oh I don't think MrsB wants to become a moderator ;):ph34r:

Chris (MrB)

Does that mean that Mr B Does?? :ph34r:

Between moderating, pushing the tea-trolley, and collecting the odd milestone I daresay Mrs B. has enough multi-tasking to do! :mad:

I did hear once that the only way to delete an account was to change its name to Robin Lovelock.

That was before my time here though.

Now, that takes me back! :ph34r: But I don't think we should resurrect all that again, we are able to cause enough new problems not to revisit old ones. :ph34r::mad:;)

I did hear once that the only way to delete an account was to change its name to Robin Lovelock.

Now, that takes me back! :ph34r: But I don't think we should resurrect all that again, we are able to cause enough new problems not to revisit old ones. :P:DB)

Flippin Nora........a blast from the past.......remember it well!! :unsure:

Now, that takes me back! :P But I don't think we should resurrect all that again, we are able to cause enough new problems not to revisit old ones. :DB):ph34r:

Flippin Nora........a blast from the past.......remember it well!! :unsure:

Who's Robin Lovelock.. B)

Moss Trooper wrote:

Who's Robin Lovelock.. :D

I daresay some oldtimer will come along n explain it all to us newbies soon, Moss... :D:D:D

No need - a Google search works! Sounds fun days back in 2001!

I love this... from a cacher called -f stop-

Hiya geo-peeps,

Isn't it exciting that we have already reached a hundred caches....It has got me wundering though..Do you think there'll be a national shortage of Tupperware containers , maybe I should think about aqcuiring some shares.

Well whatever..heres to the next hundred Wink

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz

I love this... from a cacher called -f stop-

Hiya geo-peeps,

Isn't it exciting that we have already reached a hundred caches....It has got me wundering though..Do you think there'll be a national shortage of Tupperware containers , maybe I should think about aqcuiring some shares.

Well whatever..heres to the next hundred Wink

I was explaining this to someone the other day. When I started there were about 100 caches nationwide, now I have 300 within 5 miles of me. I think they might be breeding! :D:D