Thank you, thank you, thank you

Pyewacket

When I first moved to Washington in January of last year, I was a different person. Much more disabled, shy, withdrawn, didn't know who I was or what (and how long) was ahead of me...some of you know my [hi]story and some of you don't, but it's in the past, so it really doesn't matter any longer.

In the time I've been here, I've become acquainted with so many wonderful people. I've been invited on all-day cache trips to Mt. Snoqualmie...there's nothing like a snowball fight in June. I've been with others when discovering a majestic spot for the first time, its beauty so incredible that words failed us all. I made it all the way to the finish of a Hike of the Month, even if it was the easiest so far and I did have to do it by Pyecycle . I've attended so many events that I've lost count (and I've quit logging online, so that's no help), meeting people from all walks of life, brought together by a GPSr and a penchant for finding (and/or hiding) hidden treasure.

My health is immensely better. I ride a bike now, because I can! PyecycleSmiley.gif My awareness has increased, my compassion has bloomed, and my spirit is about a gazillion times bigger. I'm more outgoing than I ever dreamed I'd be, especially considering a determined introvert is still lurking within me. This magical place, and the wonderful people I've met on my journey, my path thus far, have made such a difference in my life. I'm feeling especially grateful for the abundance I have...I wanted to pass along some of my gratitude to the people who have accepted me into their flock and given me so many wonderful memories.

I'm moving from Monroe to Sumas on Friday. This will mostly put me out of the loop I've been in with the friends I've come to know and love and giggle with at events. It will put me in a new caching circle, and I can only hope that its members will be as warm and welcoming as those of you of whom I've become so very fond.

My life is so, so, so wonderful, and my friends here have played no small role in that. Thank you. namaste.gif

Sumas? But but but.... :mad:

I'm going to miss your nearby presence. I'm going to miss being able to hug you at events as often as I have, but most of all, I'm very happy for you and your positive willingness to move on to a life that introduces more changes for you. That says a lot about where you are now versus where you were then and I couldn't be happier for you.

I remember when you first came here. You were all that you described yourself and the changes I've seen have been, for want of better words, nothing short of remarkable.

We still have these forums to keep in touch and you know I lurk on the chat room more times than not. I will have to make it a point to do an HOTM up in your (new) area now and make sure you can come along again. ;)

With the warmest fuzziest feelings...

Me.

-=-=edited to fix a spelling error - you'd think a local guy could get it right :ph34r: =-=-

Edited by TotemLake

Well, I know I speak for many when I say that MY life has been greatly enriched by my friendship with you!

That being said, welcome to the northern end of the 48 North WSGA chapter. We will make sure that you feel welcomed -- after all, you know many of us already! Be sure to give me your address and phone number when you get settled. You know how to reach me :mad:

Congratulations on your big step forward, too. I know how much you've been looking forward to this new chapter in your life.

HC

Sumas isn't that far off. We could always do another attempt at eagle watching next winter. I'm happy that you are that much closer to your mountain and I do hope you have a view of it daily. I do remember that time we stopped at the side of the road on the south side of the Skagit when you got a glorious view of Baker. We are all happy for you and the gains you have made since you drove across the country. Like TL said, you know how to chat with some of us most nights.

Tee, you'll be missed down here, but the N48 crew is newly blessed. :mad: And congrats on your new place! It's been great getting to know you over the past year, and your spirit and determination have been an inspiration to a lot of us. I love the log that Sassy shared (and the photo), and enjoyed seeing the Pyecycle in action at the HOTM. Best wishes, enjoy your new home, and hope to run into you again soon.

Every time I saw you at an event, I'd grin & my spirits would lift. There is such an accepting, warm & caring "something" about you that everyone felt. In this world full of predatory people, it is so wonderful to meet & call friend someone like you.

You will be missed down here, but I know you will quickly find new friendships in Whatcom County. Now, I'll have to expand my event radius to include lots from up north!!!

Hey, I first met you at the event you put on about the Breakfast on June 28 and then again June 30 in Duvall. It was my intense pleasure to do so . You are one kind and warm hearted person. You will have no troubles at all at meeting new cachers and becoming friends with them ;) .

Fairyhoney

I'm moved in and unpacked, and ready for company should cachers find themselves in my little corner of the planet.

TheReason.jpg

Sadly, my bike was stolen on my third day here. I'm still not sure how to behave; so much of my life took place on my bicycle. I'm hoping it will come back to me more than I'm hoping to get another bike. If you're inclined to pray, or send positive thoughts, or wish good thoughts for its return, I'll be forever indebted to you.

I'm moved in and unpacked, and ready for company should cachers find themselves in my little corner of the planet.

Sadly, my bike was stolen on my third day here. I'm still not sure how to behave; so much of my life took place on my bicycle. I'm hoping it will come back to me more than I'm hoping to get another bike. If you're inclined to pray, or send positive thoughts, or wish good thoughts for its return, I'll be forever indebted to you.

Beautiful shot of the mountain. Sadly, it takes only one low life to steal that which provides our greatest joys. Here's hoping karma bites them in the butt and brings back the bike.

How sad. My grandson also had his bike stolen some months ago. It made him so sad. Even though he now has a replacement (a unicycle) and a mountain bike to ride, he still misses the stolen one. I am sorry this had to happen to you too. Of course we will keep you in our prayers.

After chatting with you in the forums years ago and missing you when you were gone for awhile, I was very happy to have met you in person.

I knew there was a wonderful person in there waiting to come out. I am glad to have finally met that person. I don't get that far north often but hope that IronMaiden and I can meet you again caching, hiking or at an event again someday.

Ironman

That is VERY Cool. I have been through some hard times in the not so recent past, and I have no idea where I would be with out my cachin' community and friends. I applaud Allanon and whomever else helped with your special gift. This is what the caching community is all about. Friends!!! -Hawk-