pictures missing from cache pages

speedysk1

See Jeremy's post in the Announcements forum, forewarning of tonight's scheduled upgrade of the image servers.

Having the image servers fill up to capacity is a good problem to have. Things should be back to normal after the images are transferred.

See Jeremy's post in the Announcements forum, forewarning of tonight's scheduled upgrade of the image servers.

Having the image servers fill up to capacity is a good problem to have. Things should be back to normal after the images are transferred.

Thanks Keystone. I missed that too. I was trying to upload some pics from a cache run tonight and ran into it. I'll wait until tomorrow to upload the pics.

I guess it's taking longer than the planned 6-8 hours. I hope all is proceeding smoothly.

--Marky

why can't they ever keep to the time schedule that they posted online? you weould think they would learn to allow more time than they think it will take.

maps are working but not the pictures as of yet.

Thanks for the info Keystone. I must have missed that post. I figured something was going on and not to worry to much about it.

You must be doing something that I'm not. I have no 2nd map and have not had it since yesterday. I have three PCs and checked it on all of them even called a buddy and no map on any of them :mad: . The map that I am referring to is the second map mid way down the cache page that you click on and it launches google maps in a separate browser.

I don't see how the image server can effect the map images that are produced by Google. Is anyone else having this problem?

Anyone?

-Dog

Thanks for the info Keystone. I must have missed that post. I figured something was going on and not to worry to much about it.

You must be doing something that I'm not. I have no 2nd map and have not had it since yesterday. I have three PCs and checked it on all of them even called a buddy and no map on any of them ;) . The map that I am referring to is the second map mid way down the cache page that you click on and it launches google maps in a separate browser.

I don't see how the image server can effect the map images that are produced by Google. Is anyone else having this problem?

Anyone?

-Dog

That map, and all the others, are working fine for me. :mad:

I guess it's taking longer than the planned 6-8 hours. I hope all is proceeding smoothly.

--Marky

why can't they ever keep to the time schedule that they posted online? you weould think they would learn to allow more time than they think it will take.

This is exactly why more often than not they don't post estimated time schedules. Of course, when they don't do that people complain that they're not being told when something will be finished. :mad:

You must be doing something that I'm not. I have no 2nd map and have not had it since yesterday. I have three PCs and checked it on all of them even called a buddy and no map on any of them :mad: . The map that I am referring to is the second map mid way down the cache page that you click on and it launches google maps in a separate browser.

Anyone?

-Dog

It's happening for me as well. I came over to the forums to find out if it was just me or it happened with others. I found my answer. ;)

--Marky

Some people are never happy.

It was an estimate. Sometimes upgrades take longer than expected because the transfers don't happen as quickly as anticipated. Not having images isn't that bad. It's just a minor inconvenience and so far, everything GS has done, has been an effort to improve things. Would you rather they waited till they were completely out of space and then just arbitrarily go down? At least they gave a heads up.

My advise? Go cache.

I've noticed all images, both on the site and here at the forum to be very slow.

In this post earlier today, Elias wrote:

As of 6:15 AM Pacific time, the bulk of the upgrade has been completed and the image server is back online. It is still doing some of its own internal work so image performance will be noticeably degraded for much of the day.

The final step in the process will require a quick reboot, and I hope to complete that this evening.

If you notice anything wrong (other than slow images), please let us know.

They're workin' on it :mad: