Geocoin Clubs

jc_hook

36.00 a month for 1 coin a month. Would rather buy off e-bay or trade.

The $36 plan looks like it is for 3 months, and you get one coin each month.

I am not a club member, but there have been some club coins that I liked and traded for, but I do not care for every one.

36.00 a month for 1 coin a month. Would rather buy off e-bay or trade.

It's actually $36 for three coins or $12/coin which isn't bad. If you buy higher quantities or for longer time periods, it does get cheaper.

I think this geocoin club is probably the most popular. I subscribed the first year the club started and was happy with the coins. Of course, we got a bunch of local cachers to go in on a group buy so the coins were something like $9/coin.

So I guess this may be a silly question. how do you get started with the collection. How does one "accumulate" coins?

There are several ways.

1. There is a pinned thread with a list of vendors at the top that you can buy coins from.

2. E-bay

3. You can trade with others once you have some

4. Beg. :unsure:

Can anyone give me there favorite vendor? Or is that taboo?

Yes, giving a plug for one over the other is taboo. I subscribe to 3. GCC (geocoinclub) gives you a Pathtag to go with the coin, GC&P (oakcoins) gives you a pin to go with the coin and the Benchmark Club (Hogwildstuff) gives you a discount!! As a newb it's a great way to build up a small collection with minimum effort.

Edited by Droo

So I guess this may be a silly question. how do you get started with the collection. How does one "accumulate" coins?

Cheapest way is to make your own, make it appealing and everyone will be knocking on your door to trade or buy it!! That being said, sometimes its better to start out buying double of every coin (keep one, trade the other) until you know if you want to keep doing it. Less out of pocket money that way.