News of New UK Reviewers

As everyone knows I've been searching for New UK Reviewers, well the first Hunt is nearly over. :D

I will with the permission of the Mega Committee make a official announcement as to who the new Reviewer is. Hopefully He/She [yes girls it might be a She :P ] will stand up and take a bow.

For those not attending the Mega, I will of course post a welcome in here :ph34r:

Sorry folks but until the Official announcement I will not be answering any questions or giving any hints ;)

I'd just like to thank everyone who put themselves or someone else forward. I can promise you every person was considered equally. And it was a difficult time picking a suitable candidate.

Deceangi :o

Sorry folks but until the Official announcement I will not be answering any questions

Doh, missed that bit :ph34r:

And you missed

For those not attending the Mega, I will of course post a welcome in here laughing.gif

As well. Between McD's coffee and the 3 dongle I'll have access to the net :o

Slightly OT but reviewer related and not an attempt to squeeze info out of Deci, honest :unsure:

When I look at really old caches, from 2000-2002, ish, I don't see many with a publication icon in the log list... Which begs a question to the dusty old folks that were here at the start: Did there not used to be reviewer approval or was it just not done with the green circle log we see today? Or am I just looking at caches where the owner has deleted the publication log?

Slightly OT but reviewer related and not an attempt to squeeze info out of Deci, honest :unsure:

When I look at really old caches, from 2000-2002, ish, I don't see many with a publication icon in the log list... Which begs a question to the dusty old folks that were here at the start: Did there not used to be reviewer approval or was it just not done with the green circle log we see today? Or am I just looking at caches where the owner has deleted the publication log?

I wouldn't call myself a dusty old person but I will answer your question. There were always reviewers (since I joined anyway) but the reviewer notes option didn't exist way back when.

Lisa

I wouldn't call myself a dusty old person but I will answer your question. There were always reviewers (since I joined anyway) but the reviewer notes option didn't exist way back when.

Lisa

The reviewer log was introduced almost exactly 3 years ago, because.......

The new "published" log type was added so that the "instant new cache notification" feature would work. The "published" log triggers an e-mail message to everyone within 50 miles of the new cache who has set up a notification request, so that they will know about your new cache. So, this log helps get more people to visit your cache!

It also helps for everyone to know the name of the Geocaching.com volunteer who published a cache. That way, if there is ever a problem with the cache, they will know someone to write to if the owner does not respond.

The reviewer log was introduced almost exactly 3 years ago, because.......
The new "published" log type was added so that the "instant new cache notification" feature would work. The "published" log triggers an e-mail message to everyone within 50 miles of the new cache who has set up a notification request, so that they will know about your new cache. So, this log helps get more people to visit your cache!

It also helps for everyone to know the name of the Geocaching.com volunteer who published a cache. That way, if there is ever a problem with the cache, they will know someone to write to if the owner does not respond.

That explains it, ta :unsure:

I will with the permission of the Mega Committee make a official announcement as to who the new Reviewer is. Hopefully He/She [yes girls it might be a She :o ] will stand up and take a bow.

Lisa

Hmmm Lisa, you seem to know a lot about reviewing and you are a 'girl'... could you be the new reviewer? :o:unsure::drama::ph34r:

Chris (MrB)

I will with the permission of the Mega Committee make a official announcement as to who the new Reviewer is. Hopefully He/She [yes girls it might be a She :o ] will stand up and take a bow.

Sorry folks but until the Official announcement I will not be answering any questions or giving any hints :unsure:

Ahh, but there is a hint you have just given ........... :o

The person is going to be at the MEGA to take a bow .......... so......... If we just look at all those who noted a 'will attend', and eliminate from there :ph34r: (could take some time!) :drama:

Slightly OT but reviewer related and not an attempt to squeeze info out of Deci, honest :ph34r:

Aye.. they were all reviewed.. but we had scant guide lines.. but after some arguments (nowt new there) and threats of invasion :o we persuaded those on tuther side of pond to allow UK reviewers.. Those that knew territory so to speak..

This was the ground work of what an who we have today.. hard fought and nothing given up lightly.. so the moral of this story.. divint argue with the Brits..

I know.. cos I was that man :o:o an we dint have a frog.. :unsure::drama:

I will with the permission of the Mega Committee make a official announcement as to who the new Reviewer is. Hopefully He/She [yes girls it might be a She ] will stand up and take a bow.

Is that a double bluff -- surely any girl reviewer's going to curtsy rather than bow ???

:drama::unsure:

I will with the permission of the Mega Committee make a official announcement as to who the new Reviewer is. Hopefully He/She [yes girls it might be a She ] will stand up and take a bow.

Is that a double bluff -- surely any girl reviewer's going to curtsy rather than bow ???

:drama::unsure:

Depends who wears the trousers in the household!! :ph34r:

Lisa

Hmmm Lisa, you seem to know a lot about reviewing and you are a 'girl'... could you be the new reviewer? :o:drama::ph34r::o

Chris (MrB)

Good god no, I'm not that stupid brave. :unsure:

Lisa

In some countries states review territories, (some of) the reviewers remain anonymous. This is not a UK tradition, perhaps partly because the community is so large and so tightly-knit that the slight changes in behaviour which are inevitable when someone becomes a reviewer, would make it almost impossible to maintain.

But wouldn't it be cool if the new UK reviewer turned up to events dressed like this?

120px-Stig-271x271.png

Some say he thinks the Kama Sutra is an Indian restaurant. And, that he can archive caches simply by staring hard at the page. All we know is... his username is GeoStig!

In some countries states review territories, (some of) the reviewers remain anonymous. This is not a UK tradition, perhaps partly because the community is so large and so tightly-knit that the slight changes in behaviour which are inevitable when someone becomes a reviewer, would make it almost impossible to maintain.

But wouldn't it be cool if the new UK reviewer turned up to events dressed like this?

120px-Stig-271x271.png

Some say he thinks the Kama Sutra is an Indian restaurant. And, that he can archive caches simply by staring hard at the page. All we know is... his username is GeoStig!

Monitor/tea interface moment :mad::ph34r::mad:;):ph34r:

slight changes in behaviour which are inevitable when someone becomes a reviewer, would make it almost impossible to maintain.

arock&ahardplace and I have been discussing behavioural changes we have noticed in someone..................Hmmmmmm I wonder?

Edited by Jacobite

120px-Stig-271x271.png

Ahem ;)

photo-46647.jpg

;)

slight changes in behaviour which are inevitable when someone becomes a reviewer, would make it almost impossible to maintain.

arock&ahardplace and I have been discussing behavioural changes we have noticed in someone..................Hmmmmmm I wonder?

And ...... :huh:

Don't keep us all in suspense! :)

...................................................................And still we wait, come on share the goss :huh::):)

And ...... :huh:

Don't keep us all in suspense! :huh:

...................................................................And still we wait, come on share the goss :):):)

After midnight tonight, I'll post the guessed names on my "Who's the new reviewer" thread, plus my own guess and we'll see what Dec has to say tomorrow.

Well those at the Mega will meet him/her/them at 13:00 tomorrow. It should be interesting Old Reviewer, New Reviewer, 2 retired at least Reviewers and the New forum Moderator.

Right thats £15 per signed photograph of all of us :D:D

I think thats a double bluff :D my guess is MrsB .

No more Ivy covered trees for me then :D

:o

Deci has indeed been having trouble with his Dongle, several caches in the last few days have only appeared thanks to McDs in Ripon.

The new reviewer did indeed reveal himself. A most logical choice.

The only clue I'm giving to those who didn't make it to the Mega Event is - they are keeping it in the family.