TB ideas

softball29

I have a couple of unactivated TBs/slugs that I want to release and get them moving before the summer ends. However, I can't ever seem to come up with any good ideas.

So I come to the caching community in hopes of some help.

I don't want to just slap a tag on a matchbox car and let it fly. I need to come up with some ideas on goals and such.

For example, I travel to Montreal every summer. As long as I make the trip again this year, I'll be looking to activate one up there, attach it to something "Montreal" with the goal for it to travel around Quebec/Canada and then return home to me in my town.

Outside of that, I can't think of anything. Anyone have any good ideas?

I like a bug that has the finder do something other than move it, but easy enough that the majority of cachers can do it.

Like adding a photo or providing information. For example:

Add your favorite hiking photo

Post how you heard about geocaching

Where's your favorite place to hike?

Post a photo of the TB with your pet.

Stuff like that.

I have one bug that has people post interesting photos Mr Flip another that has you answer 3 questions about yourself These Questions three, and one that has photos posted of nearby farms The Iowa Tractor

I am about to release a TB that is attached to a small toilet i found (a bit smaller than barbie size).

The plan is to have this travel and have people take pictures of all the places (both normal and odd) that they go potty while caching.

I am doing this because I know that nature calls in many places and I have gone in some interesting places while caching.

Sometimes the easiest goals to get cachers to comply with are ones that can be accomplished as part of their bug pick-up log. They way, they don't feel pressured to go to a certain place or find a certain type of cache, and you get to read the occasional log that says something besides "Found it; will move along soon."

Here are a few examples of some of "the log is the goal" TBs that we have. Almost all of them except the geocoins were made from things that we found in caches.

"Hey! Where's my jet-pack??":

A Different Drum

Anniversary of What?

Artichoke Head

black and white and red all over

Bookworm

Honeymoon Geocoin

Lost in Translation

Name a Nut

Pepper Jack

Postal? Or just crabby?

Thanks for all the ideas. I appreciate them. And keep 'em coming.

I just am ordering a few extra travel bugs today and am hoping to stop by a few stores in the next day or so to find some interesting things to attach them to. Then from there, hopefully I can get some bugs going around the world.

I like the idea of having the person do something with their pick-up logs. I think I might just try several different things and see what works!

Keep the ideas coming though. :mad:

I have one attached to a REAL human finger bone. Mission to visit cemetary caches. I haven't released it and am worried because he may end up in a state where it's againt the law to have him.

Yikes! Where would you get an item like that? Also, someone caught with that might end up having to explain that to the cops! And try explaining to the cops the shiny silver tag attached to it.

I have one attached to a REAL human finger bone. Mission to visit cemetary caches. I haven't released it and am worried because he may end up in a state where it's againt the law to have him.

Yikes! Where would you get an item like that? Also, someone caught with that might end up having to explain that to the cops! And try explaining to the cops the shiny silver tag attached to it.

You can order anything off the internet BoneRoom.com They were orderd for something else (long story).

lol Just morbid enough to catch my interest. lol just kidding. I guess thats one way of "giving the finger" eh?

Sorry all for the finger joke. It was kinda lame, I know.

Edited by CLV3

We just activated a TB yesterday that has one of the dumbest goals ever.

It's a little pair of wind-up walking plastic lederhosen. We named it "my pants", just so that people who leave it in a cache will have to write "Dropped my pants" in their cache logs.

(I know, I know... what are we, like, seventh graders? :unsure: )

Classic!