How long

Scubasonic

If you notice that someone has picked up your TB and has not placed it, how long do you wait before you email them and say HEY what are you doing with my TB and when are you going to place it in a Cache.

I'm new to this but learning fast.

Scubasonic

Edited by Scubasonic

I had waited 2 months, then 2 more months and then just put it out of mind till it shows up, if ever.

It used to be that your inventory would show you all bugs you have had for longer than 2 weeks. I liked that constant reminder. But with the changes of last week to the web site, that reminder has disappeared. Nobody has mentioned it in the Release Notes thread. I just spent the last 2 hours re-reading all 633 posts in that, from page 1 to page 13 (50 per page in my options).

I like being reminded that I have some old bugs on me, but I really like that someone else has a constant reminder that he has one of mine for a really long time.

Please bring that feature back.

I had waited 2 months, then 2 more months and then just put it out of mind till it shows up, if ever.

It used to be that your inventory would show you all bugs you have had for longer than 2 weeks. I liked that constant reminder. But with the changes of last week to the web site, that reminder has disappeared. Nobody has mentioned it in the Release Notes thread. I just spent the last 2 hours re-reading all 633 posts in that, from page 1 to page 13 (50 per page in my options).

I like being reminded that I have some old bugs on me, but I really like that someone else has a constant reminder that he has one of mine for a really long time.

Please bring that feature back.

My inventory is showing up just fine. Do you have any Travel Bugs in your inventory to show?

Also remember, that when they are working on the website it takes a little time for things to fall back into place. Sometimes you just have to wait an hour and try again.

2 weeks is too soon. Some people have lives to live. Not everyone spends everyday caching and may go a couple of weeks or more before getting out again. Then, even when getting out again, with the proliferation of micros and film cans, finding a cache container that will hold a TB is often a chore. The imaginative (?) bison tube hanging in an evergreen tree is hardly conducive to TB placement.

Edited by Wadcutter

2 weeks is too soon. Some people have lives to live. Not everyone spends everyday caching and may go a couple of weeks or more before getting out again. Then, even when getting out again, with the proliferation of micros and film cans, finding a cache container that will hold a TB is often a chore. The imaginative (?) bison tube hanging in an evergreen tree is hardly conducive to TB placement.

OK so when do you send the e-mail after how long?????????

SS

I generally look at the profile of the user who has it and their history to get a feel for how often they cache, how quickly they have placed other trackables and such. You can usually tell if they are actively caching, but based on their recent finds haven't been able to place it or if they might have forgotten they have it. If you do contact another cacher, I recommend something like "Hello, I am so excited to see that you picked up my travel bug and can't wait to see where it lands next. Thank you for playing a role in my mission of watching it's journey..."

Hope this helps

My inventory is showing up just fine. Do you have any Travel Bugs in your inventory to show?

Also remember, that when they are working on the website it takes a little time for things to fall back into place. Sometimes you just have to wait an hour and try again.

I have 12 of my own coins that I've had, well, forever. None of them have asterix's anymore.

I have 3, perhaps, 4 bugs that's I've had in my possession for more than 2 weeks, none have the asterix.

Perhaps you are using a firefox extension that shows you your asterix's. Other people I've talked to say that the asterix reminder feature is GONE for them too. It's been a week since the changes. The changes that moved the inventory to the bottom of the page and then back to where it is logical to be, should not have had any impact on that other part of what the inventory is all about. No mention has been made that the asterix reminder of holding onto bugs for longer than 2 weeks was slated to be removed in the upgrades. So I assume it's an accident and should be told to TPTB.

Perhaps the people who program the web site also have lots of various firefox addons that are not used by everybody else.

<Program Director Mode ON>I would check all the changes against a clean test computer with all current clean browsers and all possible old versions.</Program Director Mode OFF>

Your own TB's never get the flag (or at least they didn't before)

I'd have to hang on to someone else's traveler for over two weeks to do a real test. (Maybe grabbing one of my daughter's un-released coins)

I don't believe that firefox can allow or disallow gc.com code from working/showing unless you've loaded such software.

So I assume it's an accident and should be told to TPTB.

You can open a thread in the geocaching website forum to notify them. It's not the moderator's job.

I have 12 of my own coins that I've had, well, forever. None of them have asterix's anymore.

I have 3, perhaps, 4 bugs that's I've had in my possession for more than 2 weeks, none have the asterix.

Perhaps you are using a firefox extension that shows you your asterix's. Other people I've talked to say that the asterix reminder feature is GONE for them too. It's been a week since the changes. The changes that moved the inventory to the bottom of the page and then back to where it is logical to be, should not have had any impact on that other part of what the inventory is all about. No mention has been made that the asterix reminder of holding onto bugs for longer than 2 weeks was slated to be removed in the upgrades. So I assume it's an accident and should be told to TPTB.

Perhaps the people who program the web site also have lots of various firefox addons that are not used by everybody else.

<Program Director Mode ON>I would check all the changes against a clean test computer with all current clean browsers and all possible old versions.</Program Director Mode OFF>

I am not familiar with what you mean by a Firefox extension. I think you want the geocaching.com website forums. I know Groundspeak has been working on a new image server this week, and so maybe they are tweaking the system and things are not all in place right now. I am not a computer expert, so I cannot answer your question. I have my inventory, it shows up fine, but no, I don't have a * on any TBs at this time either in Firefox or IE. Try asking in the website forums.