Geocacheuk

The problem with this site is that it really is based on good will and someone to find time to maintain it, which is a shame as it could become a good resource for UK Cachers, but as it stands is too friable to be reliable as a point of reference.

........................ friable ........................

OK, hands up who else had to look this word up :D

Not me.

I used to cook in a pub, so I already knew that potatoes, fish, chicken and steak are all friable - whereas beer, beer mats, ice cream and soup aren't...... :D:D

:D

........................ friable ........................

OK, hands up who else had to look this word up :D

Not me.

I used to cook in a pub, so I already knew that potatoes, fish, chicken and steak are all friable - whereas beer, beer mats, ice cream and soup aren't...... :D:D

I'm wouldn't be so sure about the ice cream. I had ice cream fried in batter on a barge in Peterborough on Saturday night.

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I'd be happy to pay a small amount towards keeping GeocacheUK up and running, if that helps. Doing a whole-UK TomTom POI file through GSAK is just such effort! :D
Not sure it's a money issue, I think it is ore someone having largish chunks of time to give up to run and maintain it.

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I'd be happy to pay a small amount towards keeping GeocacheUK up and running, if that helps. Doing a whole-UK TomTom POI file through GSAK is just such effort! :ph34r:

It's been mentioned before, finding the time to work on it is the issue, I doubt taking money on what ever basis (donation etc..) would be a going as the site is relient on the goodwill from geocaching.com in allow it's data to be used, I'd expect the goodwill to disappear if the model of a free site providing ratings was to change

.. the site is relient on the goodwill from geocaching.com in allow it's data to be used, I'd expect the goodwill to disappear if the model of a free site providing ratings was to change

All the more reason to find a way of saving it. Securing such "goodwill" again in future might be a lot more difficult... :o

I'm sure many folk want to see geocacheuk continue - someone let us know how best to help! :ph34r:

All the more reason to find a way of saving it. Securing such "goodwill" again in future might be a lot more difficult... :o

I'm sure many folk want to see geocacheuk continue - someone let us know how best to help! :ph34r:

Absolutely. I wanted to check money wasn't the issue - practical help is a lot harder to give - especially on a large project.

Are there any other ways we can help?