Lost GPSr

rstefano52

I am issuing a plea to anyone who might be caching in and around the Freehold, NJ area - specifically near GCQA2P (Coming Out on Top) to help me find my missing GPSr. It's a Garmin eTrex Vista HCx and I think I might have dropped it on the way back to the car. We parked just near where the bridge reconstruction was going on (just off of Robertsville Road - we couldn't find Pond Rd.) and walked down the paths toward GZ. We tried in vain to search ourselves but there was a very bad storm going on at the time and we had to abandon our effort. If anyone happens to locate it, I believe that my name and address might be stored in the unit's memory. Of course by the time anyone will find it the batteries will probably have died and even though Garmin says these devices are water proof, I'm not sure if it will have withstood that storm - it was pretty bad. I will be glad to make arrangements to pick it up or to send money for shipping the unit back to me if necessary. If anyone has any questions, you can contact me through my GC ID - rstefano52. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I am issuing a plea to anyone who might be caching in and around the Freehold, NJ area - specifically near GCQA2P (Coming Out on Top) to help me find my missing GPSr. It's a Garmin eTrex Vista HCx and I think I might have dropped it on the way back to the car. We parked just near where the bridge reconstruction was going on (just off of Robertsville Road - we couldn't find Pond Rd.) and walked down the paths toward GZ. We tried in vain to search ourselves but there was a very bad storm going on at the time and we had to abandon our effort. If anyone happens to locate it, I believe that my name and address might be stored in the unit's memory. Of course by the time anyone will find it the batteries will probably have died and even though Garmin says these devices are water proof, I'm not sure if it will have withstood that storm - it was pretty bad. I will be glad to make arrangements to pick it up or to send money for shipping the unit back to me if necessary. If anyone has any questions, you can contact me through my GC ID - rstefano52. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

GOOD NEWS! My GPS was found! Thanks to ekitt10, I know it's safely back in the hands of an experienced geocacher who won't let it out of his sight until I can meet up with him again. Thanks again Nik!

In a similar situation, mablatch found escapee's cell phone near a cache over the weekend, and arranged return. Of course he called Hong Kong several times to try and track the owner. :D Nice going.

I once found a hiking stick and returned it via mail to Long Island, so it seems as though there may be a cottage industry in hanging by caches and picking up the "leavings" :D