FS Garmin Nuvi 200

I am new to Geocaching so not very knowledgeable about the different kinds of GPS's out there. I use a Garmin Etrex Legend because my friend had recommended it. I also bought one for my dad but after only a few months his arrow does not function and he has had trouble with the navigation button. I would like to get him a different model. I know this kind is more meant to put in a car. Can you geocache with it? Does it give you an arrow and tell you how far to go to find the caches like the hand held Legend does? If so then I am very interested in buying this from you.

I am new to Geocaching so not very knowledgeable about the different kinds of GPS's out there. I use a Garmin Etrex Legend because my friend had recommended it. I also bought one for my dad but after only a few months his arrow does not function and he has had trouble with the navigation button. I would like to get him a different model. I know this kind is more meant to put in a car. Can you geocache with it? Does it give you an arrow and tell you how far to go to find the caches like the hand held Legend does? If so then I am very interested in buying this from you.

It's not really designed for that, it will show cords but no directional arrow

It's not really designed for that, it will show cords but no directional arrow

OK. Thank you so much for letting me know! My dad's Etrex functions except for the arrow and he really likes the arrow, so it doesn't sound like this type of GPS would work for what he wants to do. He does a lot of suburban micros where you do need one with an arrow. I will try to find him a handheld version.

Its available HERE, new, with the Garmin warranty for only 129.00 ?! :D

Then again on the other hand, if someone only has 90 bucks to spend this deal saves that person 50 bucks. Garmin is very good about fixing any of there GPS units. I've sent them use ones I've purchased and they have replaced them with new ones. The 129 + shipping makes it 140 or more depending on how fast you want it. Why step on this person. Some one will purchase it or they will not. If your really shopping price, heck EBAY will beat about anyone if one takes the time to look for a deal. I thinks its a bit insulting to someone just trying to sell an items at a reasonable price. If they want it for less, let the person bargain with them.

I agree on this one. Even if they are 130 brand new, you gotta pay for shipping etc.

I have PMed him because if he will send it to me for $90 shipped i save myself 50 dollars or so over a new one.

Have you ever had a product that has worked well through a 1 year warranty fail after for no reason? I'm not sure this has ever happened to me. No reason for something to work for a year then fail due to a manufacturers defect. Thats why companies bilk so many people with those extended warranties. They wouldn't sell them if they almost ever had to pay out on them. That is also why, for the most part, only suckers buy them.

Either way I am still interested in this. I have any garmin mapsource product you could imagine and so for $90 I am essentially getting a Nuvi 250. (only diff is the preloaded maps)

Then again on the other hand, if someone only has 90 bucks to spend this deal saves that person 50 bucks. Garmin is very good about fixing any of there GPS units. I've sent them use ones I've purchased and they have replaced them with new ones. The 129 + shipping makes it 140 or more depending on how fast you want it. Why step on this person. Some one will purchase it or they will not. If your really shopping price, heck EBAY will beat about anyone if one takes the time to look for a deal. I thinks its a bit insulting to someone just trying to sell an items at a reasonable price. If they want it for less, let the person bargain with them.

I agree on this one. Even if they are 130 brand new, you gotta pay for shipping etc.

I have PMed him because if he will send it to me for $90 shipped i save myself 50 dollars or so over a new one.

Have you ever had a product that has worked well through a 1 year warranty fail after for no reason? I'm not sure this has ever happened to me. No reason for something to work for a year then fail due to a manufacturers defect. Thats why companies bilk so many people with those extended warranties. They wouldn't sell them if they almost ever had to pay out on them. That is also why, for the most part, only suckers buy them.

Either way I am still interested in this. I have any garmin mapsource product you could imagine and so for $90 I am essentially getting a Nuvi 250. (only diff is the preloaded maps)

Garmin is excellent on repairs even out of warranty. Thats why I stick with them for GPS both handheld and in the car. Good company. Good luck.

anethema,

I'm not "stepping on" anyone.

I've used gps's for over a decade & was getting ready to jump to the Nuvi series for the Jeep & pickup so the 60c can stay in my pack.

I was shopping around / inquiring here as to pros/cons on various models - Garmin of course as they have always been good to me as well.

Sorry, I always pass on the knowledge regarding price & availability. Others have did so for me in many different instances and saved me money & headaches.

Yes, factor in shipping (although shipping can very often be found free) & its a decent grab; but again.. that should be an informed choice... and people in this area [of the forum] are often newbies... who could use a little help.

Anyway, I'm off my soapbox & don't want this to turn into a debate - please don't misinterpret my steadfastness, but I will continue to pass on my findings...

Be well & safe.

Edited by vfrpilot

I totally agree vfrpilot and when others have posted GPSs for far too much money I have a few times jumped in and posted links to good prices.

In this case though the price difference is $40 plus shipping which would make it $50-60 more. Thats over a 50 percent increase.

All in all thank you anyways for tryin to help, it is always better to be more informed than less.

Thanks!

Edit: BTW it wasn't me who suggested you were stepping on ;)

anethema,

I've used gps's for over a decade & was getting ready to jump to the Nuvi series for the Jeep & pickup so the 60c can stay in my pack.

I was shopping around / inquiring here as to pros/cons on various models - Garmin of course as they have always been good to me as well.

Sorry, I always pass on the knowledge regarding price & availability. Others have did so for me in many different instances and saved me money & headaches.

Yes, factor in shipping (although shipping can very often be found free) & its a decent grab; but again.. that should be an informed choice... and people in this area [of the forum] are often newbies... who could use a little help.

Anyway, I'm off my soapbox & don't want this to turn into a debate - please don't misinterpret my steadfastness, but I will continue to pass on my findings...

Be well & safe.

Edited by anethema

Sorry anethema, that particular response was meant for SwampYankee :) ,

I totally agree vfrpilot and when others have posted GPSs for far too much money I have a few times jumped in and posted links to good prices.

In this case though the price difference is $40 plus shipping which would make it $50-60 more. Thats over a 50 percent increase.

All in all thank you anyways for tryin to help, it is always better to be more informed than less.

Thanks!

Edit: BTW it wasn't me who suggested you were stepping on :huh:

anethema,

Be well & safe.

Sorry anethema, that particular response was meant for SwampYankee :D ,

Thanks!

Edit: BTW it wasn't me who suggested you were stepping on :o

anethema,

Be well & safe.

Here I am, front and center. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. This a garage sale forum. To the best of my knowledge, one can bargain for the best price, or pay asking price, what ever there little heart desires. As I said, I though it was a decent deal for a used unit. Price wise, there are plenty of them on ebay way below list. I assume you felt you were helping out the buyer, a fine a noble thing to do, while I thought I was defending the seller asking a fair price. Right or wrong...no damage done.

SwampYankee

Agreed :D

Sorry anethema, that particular response was meant for SwampYankee :D ,

Thanks!

Edit: BTW it wasn't me who suggested you were stepping on :o

anethema,

Be well & safe.

Here I am, front and center. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. This a garage sale forum. To the best of my knowledge, one can bargain for the best price, or pay asking price, what ever there little heart desires. As I said, I though it was a decent deal for a used unit. Price wise, there are plenty of them on ebay way below list. I assume you felt you were helping out the buyer, a fine a noble thing to do, while I thought I was defending the seller asking a fair price. Right or wrong...no damage done.

SwampYankee