New GSAK Macro for Cachemate (Pocket PC)

If you use GSAK and the Pocket PC version of Cachemate then you may be interested to use my macro for generating a native Cachemate database from GSAK.

If you only ever copy over 100 or less waypoints then this macro is probably not for you but if you want to quickly copy more caches than that onto your PPC then you will find that this macro is about 10 times faster than using a GPX file to import them. (Please note that this macro will create a native cachemate database so when you copy it to your PPC it will overwrite the existing database and any logs / changes you have made will be lost.)

Typically it takes about 30 seconds to create a 1000 cache database with 5000 logs.

To get a copy of the macro, click on the 'Get the macro here' link below and 'open' the file. Once its downloaded GSAK will give you the option to 'Install' the macro on to your PC. I have also included a link to the Macro history thread for completeness.

Get the macro here

Cachemate macro history thread on GSAK Forum

The macro includes a 'help' button that will display a browser based help section. I would suggest you read this to 1) find out all the features of the macro and 2) how to configure it so it does what you want.

Edited by Big Wolf

(Please note that this macro will create a native cachemate database so when you copy it to your PPC it will overwrite the existing database and any logs / changes you have made will be lost.)

Awesome, will give it a go. Quick question though, If I use this, do I loose the contents of my Travel Bug database or is that held seperately in Cachemate?

Cheers,

Jon.

Quick question though, If I use this, do I loose the contents of my Travel Bug database or is that held separately in Cachemate?

As far as I am aware the TB info that you 'hold' is kept in a file called TravelBugs.db and is held in the same directory as the program file rather than the user database directory (DB_Files) i.e. so long as you only update the files in the user database directory then your list of held TB's should not be affected.

Edited by Big Wolf
Quick question though, If I use this, do I loose the contents of my Travel Bug database or is that held separately in Cachemate?

As far as I am aware the TB info that you 'hold' is kept in a file called TravelBugs.db and is held in the same directory as the program file rather than the user database directory (DB_Files) i.e. so long as you only update the files in the user database directory then your list of held TB's should not be affected.

Top result! Thanks for confirming that.

Cheers,

Jon.