Visiting New Zealand

CrystalFairy

Hi All

We will be in New Zealand (most of North Island) between the 7th of September and the 2nd of October and were hoping to meet up with some local geocachers who could give us some tips and hints about where to go and what to see. We are from South Africa.

If you have some free time during this period we would love to meet up with you. If you are interested please let us know.

Thanks in advance

Andrew & Heidi

CrystalFairy

geo@crystalfairy.co.za

Hi All

We will be in New Zealand (most of North Island) between the 7th of September and the 2nd of October and were hoping to meet up with some local geocachers who could give us some tips and hints about where to go and what to see. We are from South Africa.

If you have some free time during this period we would love to meet up with you. If you are interested please let us know.

Thanks in advance

Andrew & Heidi

CrystalFairy

geo@crystalfairy.co.za

Sent you an email direct, but it bounced back.

Send us your route, and we'll love to catch up with you, swap trackables, have coffee etc.... maybe get a group together.

Rotorua is a must in the North Island, Waitomo caves is also a good tourise spot, though with only a little community about it.

All major cities and town have geocaches in interesting places - let that guide you also.

South Island - Recommend Dunedin, Christchurch, Arrowtown and Queenstown..... but there is so MUCH MORE than this.....

You are welcome to contact me through my GC profile. So we can work out some free time maybe?

You will enjoy NZ - and caching comes without snakes, crocodiles, nasty spiders, etc...... relatively safe.

Look forward to seeing you over here. Take a look at the www.gps.org forums, which is where you will find most locals lurking. Send me a PM when you hit Wellington and I'll be happy to show you around.

I think Skytracker meant www.gps.org.nz

Good luck b0rg.. We have been to NZ a good few times and you'll probably think, like us, that you've died and gone to Heaven. The ice cream is somethning else and the Kiwis are fairly civilised too!!!

We were there just over a year ago and did loads of caches. We bought Memory Map for North and South Island and used that on our PDA with our GPS and it was really excellent.

We envy you...

Good luck b0rg.. We have been to NZ a good few times and you'll probably think, like us, that you've died and gone to Heaven. The ice cream is somethning else and the Kiwis are fairly civilised too!!!

We were there just over a year ago and did loads of caches. We bought Memory Map for North and South Island and used that on our PDA with our GPS and it was really excellent.

We envy you...

Thanks :anibad: But I think you meant to address that to "CrystalFairy", not me, as they're visiting, not me... I live here. But yes, I couldn't agree more... it's an extraordinary and beautiful country. And oh yes, we are civilised. We have had electricity in for over 100 years, we were first to give women the right to vote, we have television here (shock horror), we don't live in bamboo huts, and we eat with knives and forks :)

Hope you have fun here and fall in love with the place. And "Birders", I hope you come back again soon. We have some very unique and beautiful bird life here - if you like me are into that.