Info for Credit Validation on FPO AP Addresses

Sarge104

Just recently tried to renew my membership and couldn't find AE, AA, AP on the drop down for States. Was wondering if this had been brought up yet. Waiting for my card to be rejected first before trying to renew again (just put in HI before I found the blurb below for FPO Addresses).

"AE", "AA" and "AP" The APO/FPO "states" of "AE", "AA", and "AP" are the only legitimate states to use for an APO/FPO addresses. It is common knowledge that you can use "NY" for "AE", "CA" for "AP", and "FL" for "AA", but you run the risk of having your credit card rejected because the billing address they have on file (with AA, AE or AP for the state) does not match what you submitted online. For this reason we are very hesitant to put merchants on Oconus.com who do not have the APO/FPO "states" available in their drop-down boxes. We review all sites for this feature prior to listing them and have helped dozens of merchants improve the APO/FPO capabilities of their site.

http://www.oconus.com/ZipCodes.asp

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=77594

There's not even states outside the US generally, so don't complain...

He is not complaining he is stating that with US credit cards the billing address which is verified must match.. this does not have anything to do with the thread you referenced which is for cache submission.

Most times the credit card matching is done on postal codes rather than states, you should not have a problem as long as the postal match.

Edited by BruceS

Sarge104,

Thanks for reminding us about this issue. We are working on a solution for you.

It has been two weeks since my payment went through and I've seen no problems yet. I'm glad that you guys are aware of the minor glitch and I appreciate the hard work you guys are doing.