Simply Survey

avroair

The majority of my trades have been 1:1. My largest trade was a 4:4 - and I was so excited. There are times when I try to add something extra and/or special to a trade to suprise a person - but right now I am a little light on trade coins. Ihave purchased many new coins lately - so I will be "back in the game"... If there is a new cacher trading - I try to make sure they have a positive experience.

All of my trades have been 1:1 trades, but I don't think I would consider any of them HTF, except for the New Zealand Fern. In that case however, butterfly_lady very graciously let me choose the coin I sent in return... I hope it arrives soon so I can learn if I chose wisely!

I don't have any of the HTF or VHTF coins myself, so my only opportunity to trade for VHTF coins would be x:1 trades. It seems that everyone who has one of these coins available is only willing to trade for an equally HTF coin. The example I have in mind is the Delft Blauw coins. The only ones I've seen available were asking for a da Vinci SET in trade for just one of them!

Besides, who judges whether a coin is HTF? Is it the run size? Or how many people are listing them for trade as opposed to keeping them? Or how well they are doing on eBay? If you believe the listings there, EVERY coin is HTF!! :o

Just my $.02 worth.

PS: Anyone want to trade a Delft Blauw Klomp or Molen for anything?

Since we are talking about 4-4, my largest was 34 for 34 with kayakerinme ~ he had a bunch of older coins i needed, I had a bunch of newer stuff he needed.

I usually do 7 -7s, 4 -4s etc to even out a trade since if i have a really good coin and something i feel is not worth much, I would trade it for 2 fairly good coins, so it evens out a bit. And both traders are winners. :D

1:1 without exception. I've gone as high as 8:8 or so, but it's always a 1:1 ratio. The only exception might be multiple sigs or 'Tags for a geocoin, but that would be a rarity. I've been surprised when someone tossed in an extra just to be nice and I've done the same, but that's never been part of the original trade. It just feels "wrong" somehow.