Deletion of found logs

kidloco

Besides, wasn't this thread about poor Portuguese behavior? :unsure:

It was about an isolated event that I'm sure it happened in every country (or the vast majority).

It's about a story half told by the OP. All things are now sorted out. Let's see how it ends.

The OP refered a problem that happened and is happening in the portuguese geocaching community with all the details considered important to the discussion which is the unjustified deletion of found logs.

The unjustified deletion of found logs is a problem that happens worldwide but in my opinion has a simple solution, the introduction of rules about it in the terms of use. That way everybody will know what they can do and what they cannot do.

Some of us just like to hike and find things but the vagaries of the techie side of this sport such as downloading coords and uploading images cause us grief.

Just because uploading images personally causes you "grief" does not give you the special privilege to ignore the Additional Logging Requirements that apply to everyone else. I would suggest ignoring this type of puzzle cache or webcam cache in the future. :mad:

Congratulations to Mr. Dolphin for rightly sticking to his guns!! ;)

Why don't you read the whole thread. I did not IGNORE anything, only requested time to get it uploaded when I got back to work and had someone who could help me do this. This was in my original log. I have NEVER not added the appropriate logging requirements to ANY log. Even Mr. Dolphin has admited that I did meet the required logging requirements. IT SHOULD BE CLEAR THAT NEVER WAS THERE ANY INTENTION TO CHEAT OR TO AVOID MEETING HIS REQUIREMENTS. This thread was about having logs deletd. I told my story because I thought is was relevant to the OP. I also thought that there was a more polite way to deal with other cachers that what happened to me. I have graciously accepted Mr. Dolphin's request to kiss and make up because I think he now understands that I had very good intentions right from the start and that just maybe the two of us could have avoided this if the problem had gone this way:

Mr. Dophin: by email: "I noted you don't have a picture. Can you explain?"

ME: Yes, I am on the road and can't get to the picture which is at work for 3 weeks.

Mr. Dolphin: Can you change your log to a note please until you get your picture

ME: Can I do that. Will I just be able to change it back.

Mr. Dolphin: Yes,

ME: Great, I will do that cause I don't want to lose the order of my finds.

rather than just deleted my log.

I think he understands now what upset me. This was a solution that I did not know about at the time but his educating me in a gentle, less arrogant manner would have avoided problems. The presumptionn you make that I would IGNORE logging requirements is not born out by my profile nor anything else in this thread.

The real discussion was "should my log have been deleted without first requesting an explanation or asking me to change it to a note. I

Some of us just like to hike and find things but the vagaries of the techie side of this sport such as downloading coords and uploading images cause us grief.

Just because uploading images personally causes you "grief" does not give you the special privilege to ignore the Additional Logging Requirements that apply to everyone else. I would suggest ignoring this type of puzzle cache or webcam cache in the future. :mad:

Congratulations to Mr. Dolphin for rightly sticking to his guns!! ;)

A geocacher is refusing to accept my found log on his cache because he says that he doesn't accept logs with positive or negative opinions. He deleted my log twice and refuses to compromise and to be told some good sense. My log had no spoilers and in fact is saying good things about the cache. What can i do in this situation?

If you will email me with the details I will look into this for you. There is a difference between deleting a bogus log and harassment.

What ever happened to the Sandbox?

:mad: I think you meant to post to another thread.

I am pretty sure I understand the reference, and it has been gone for quite some time. As their issues were dealt with and eventually cleared, the sandbox faded away. The folks in that area are a pretty content bunch for the most part now, and it is very nice to see that. If you don't understand this, consider yourself blessed.

A geocacher is refusing to accept my found log on his cache because he says that he doesn't accept logs with positive or negative opinions. He deleted my log twice and refuses to compromise and to be told some good sense. My log had no spoilers and in fact is saying good things about the cache. What can i do in this situation?

Here is what you can do:

*Log a "needs maintenance"

*Let the owner know you found some of the cache over here.......

*Some of the cache over there........

*Some of the cache down by the trail head.......

*Some of the cache along FM 10265....

*Some of the cache down by the river......

Be Courteous and Respectful At All Times to this person.

JUST KIDDING! DON'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS! :yikes::mad::ph34r: