missing TB

stormchaserwv

How often does everyone think tb's and coins go missing??

my brother put a coin out in remembrance of our grandfather and now it's gone MIA...I've messaged the last person that had it and of course he said he put it in it's current cache...back in march...

and now the cache has apparently been muggled...I messaged the cache owner (who hasn't been active on Groundspeak since February) and asked if the cache is still intact. ugh...

sucks big time!

Don't give up hope so easily. We had a TB out of circulation for 3 years with the hopes of if never getting back out again - it's last log was it being picked up by a cacher that had 6 finds and then never cached again. MUCH to our suprise almost 3 years to the day the cacher dropped our TB into a cache 600 miles away from our home coordinates. And to top it off, the TB was picked up 3 days later by one of the first cachers we ever met who lives 20 miles from us. Hey - you can't make this stuff up!!!!

Don't give up hope so easily. We had a TB out of circulation for 3 years with the hopes of if never getting back out again - it's last log was it being picked up by a cacher that had 6 finds and then never cached again. MUCH to our suprise almost 3 years to the day the cacher dropped our TB into a cache 600 miles away from our home coordinates. And to top it off, the TB was picked up 3 days later by one of the first cachers we ever met who lives 20 miles from us. Hey - you can't make this stuff up!!!!

Wow I would drive those 20 miles to their house to get the TB. Congrats!!

I've put out twenty-one travellers. Nine have been marked missing. (How could anyone leave a plastic flamingo at a bar in New Hampshire?!? :X ) One had travelled 17000 miles after being taken the wrong way across the Atlantic, and then lost in an event. Five are logged into caches that have been found many times since, and presumed missing. So, I've still got seven moving! And I have eight or so more to put out whenever the fancy strikes me.