Reno/Tahoe caches

K-9 Cachers

Going to be staying at the Peppermill Reno Hotel next weekend. Won't have time for many caches, but would like to do at least a few. Anyone know of any right near the hotel?

Also, will be driving to Lake Tahoe for a day. Any suggestion for a quick cache?

Thanks

I'd say the best one in close proximity is Woman with the bowl cache, it's got good cammo and an interesting story. The closest one to the Peppermill is Movie Title Series #1, it's an easy quick grab that is walking distance. If your going to be up here for Hot August Nights, walking around at night won't be a problem. The neighborhood surrounding isn't completely horrible, but it isn't the greatest. Like Ferventkids mentioned, up at Tahoe the Mile Marker Series is a lot of fun. Most of them are pretty quick pull offs and you get to see a lot of the lake. One of my favorites at the lake is Anniversary Cache, it's at Emerald Bay, which if you've never been to Tahoe, you need to go there.

We're staying at Harrahs in downtown Reno Aug 2-6. I have all the caches identified within a mile since I won't have a car and hubby doesn't enjoy caching. I'm looking forward to getting some to go find some of the caches. Would Sunday be a better day to cache in that area regarding muggles or would a weekday work just as well?

We're staying at Harrahs in downtown Reno Aug 2-6. I have all the caches identified within a mile since I won't have a car and hubby doesn't enjoy caching. I'm looking forward to getting some to go find some of the caches. Would Sunday be a better day to cache in that area regarding muggles or would a weekday work just as well?

Oh you poor soul! :D

I'm just kidding, we avoid downtown like the plague during Hot August Nights. Traffic is going to be a nightmare anywhere near downtown. On foot you'll be fine. I think there are going to be so many muggles that no one will be paying any attention to geocaching. Actually this weekend won't be that bad, it's usually bad the last weekend (8th and 9th) as far as a day, it's going to be pretty much the same either Saturday or Sunday. The downtown caches are ok. You should try Rock, Paper, River if you want to cool off. I think the water is pretty shallow getting to it and it's a nice part of the park. You have to do a little bushwacking to get to it, but I'd go out to again! It was just past our knees last year at this time. Also if you want to go caching on an evening after 4pm M-F (I gotta work :D ) feel free to send me an email via my profile. Mr.Lost isn't really into caching either and my friend Vegaschick and her daughter will be up here too. I've found most of the caches in the downtown area but I'm always ready to take others and Vegaschick won't have many down here either.