WAP and iPhone

seanpk

I have an iPhone and sometimes use the WAP version of geocaching. The WAP version doesn't seem to be all that stable and I have found that occassionally logs get double posted. Are the folks who run the geocaching site working on making the WAP site more stable or better to use? I know quite a few people who would log caches in the field using the WAP site if it was more reliable. I had heard the WAP site hasn't seen any enhancements / fixes for sometime. I wonder if an iphone app using the newly released apple iphone sdk will be created.

Actually, I would encourage the powers that be to create a mobile device friendly version of the website in general. They already can tell if you're coming from a Windows Mobile, Blackberry, or Iphone ... I think it would be a simple leap to present an alternate site view that would be mobile friendly (bigger buttons/links, less heavy on the images, etc.). Would love to see that as it's a royal pain to try to navigate the full site from a browser in the field on a mobile device presently.